Choice - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old February 29th, 2004, 04:36 PM   #16
Regular Crew

naw Marty, I'm not obsessed with blood and gore.... but I guess i do like violent subject matter a lot of my stuff is very graphic... so be it though.

The newer stuff .. most recently being my music video and the 2psa's are much more profesional than Choice... the look, the sound, the camera work, and the performances on screen. If you havent seen em, maybe check them out.

I would like to see a final copy of Got Milk, because i've seen thousands of trailers that make a bad film look great.... not saying this is the case with yours at all.. but it would be great to actually get to see the full thing.

And yes, Film is my life.. if i have to, i will die trying to make the ultimate film and i will one day be a director / editor / dp.

Right now, because of limited resources.. i am taking the music video route.
Colin Minihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 29th, 2004, 04:41 PM   #17
Permanently Banned

I have seen your recent stuff, and it definitely looks better than your previous work. No doubt about that. And the music video route is awesome. Generally, you have the ability to be very creative with music videos. I am getting into doing them myself for some practice and to make some extra cash.

Good luck with your endeavours. I'm sure we'll see eachother one day in the future. Maybe we'll even get a chance to work together.

Later.
Marty Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2004, 09:02 PM   #18
Regular Crew

Colin,
Even though i am not a fan of dramatic extremely realistic fight scenes i really enjoyed the way you composed some shots. I liked that you used the invisible technique in some and some handy shaky move ins. I do though think some of the scenes were composed of too many shaky scenes but don't mind me i am a Conrad Hall fanatic. Your actors did good jobs in the fighting scenes very documentary like spooked me a bit there actually the whole thing was just a pain to watch if you know the kind of pain i am talking about, surely not cinematic just the content was extreme. (extreme like the beating of blond guy in fight club)
I have only viewed the parts of the film not the whole feature but that was enough to understand your cinematography style. Overall good job. Myself i am looking forward to making my short short pretty soon which involves some blood so maybe you could give me a tip on what where to buy some good old fake blood. Also do they make fake blood that is drinkable? heh
So long
Dmitri Henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2004, 11:13 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Best fake blood recipe ever:

Red food coloring, corn syrup, and condensed milk. The secret ingredient is a couple drops of green food coloring, but not too much. Mix to your liking. Drinkable, eatable, whatever. Very sweet however, so your actors might be gagging after a short while.

mg
Matthew Groff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2004, 06:32 AM   #20
Regular Crew

I love your work, because it's fresh. Rather.. raw and real from the perspective of the characters. I'd love to work with you sometime, if you should ever happen to want to come to Cleveland or anywhere else and make something.. with more resources to be able to do whatever. Just shoot me an email. I was meaning to get back to your emails before, but I am transitioning between 3 new computers and havn't gone back to the old one to get the old files yet.

Keep it up.
Kevin Maistros is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work