DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Show Your Work (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/)
-   -   new music video. (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/23251-new-music-video.html)

Alfred Tomaszewski March 20th, 2004 01:13 PM

new music video.

My video production company just finished a video for the band Thought Riot from A-F Records. you can check the video out in the portfolio section of my site or at www.scrambledvisual.com/withlovemv.html. please critique the heck out of it tell me what you like and don't like about it.

Ed Smith March 20th, 2004 03:00 PM

Alfred,

There seems to be no music!!! Music is 70% of every thing we see.

I liked some of the effects like the man 'walking' in to him self a couple of times. I liked the video photo idea and was implemented very well, although could not see its relation to the video being there was no music.

The 'art' type effect was a bit naff. Other than the music not being there it seemed good.

Well done,

Ed

James Nyfeler March 20th, 2004 03:28 PM

Alfred, I heard the music just fine. I liked the work that you did on this. The cuts for the most part matched the music very well -- and there were plenty of creative edits. I felt the need to mix it up, though. It seemed to me that the cuts were all quick, and nearly the same length. If I were to offer any constructive criticism, it would be to mix it the length of the cuts more: have a few that are 5-6 seconds long. It seemed that most were 1-2 seconds. I liked the video-in-a-polaroid look that you had in the intro & a couple of other places. I also liked the camera work at the end: the normal speed pan mixed with a bit of fast motion pan. Good effect.

Ed Smith March 20th, 2004 03:45 PM

Alfred,

After my 4th attempt 45minutes later the music is now there - how odd.

Ed

Rob Lohman March 21st, 2004 10:36 AM

I thought it was well editted and I liked the speed changes and
the photo ideas as well. Nice job. The video image itself looked
very video-ish and not that professional though. But that might
have just been the camera? What did you use?

Alfred Tomaszewski March 21st, 2004 01:25 PM

we used a vx2000. the band wanted it to look like a live show instead of a music video thats the idea behind the shots with the band.

Patrick MCMurray March 21st, 2004 02:58 PM

a guy ritchie fan, are we?

Kyle Kauss March 22nd, 2004 12:16 PM

Nice very cool video very cool song
I can dig it

Steve Franco March 22nd, 2004 12:24 PM

Great job on the video. i thought it looked very professional. The cuts were well paced. I really like that "polaroid photo" effect you guys do for the transitions between shots.

Alfred Tomaszewski March 22nd, 2004 01:45 PM

thank you very much for the compliments. we shot this video with a budget of $0 which seems to be a trend with alot of our videos. not that the budget makes a difference...i just thought i would throw that tidbit of knowledge out.

Corey MacGregor March 22nd, 2004 02:20 PM

Good work as always! I can't wait too see some more stuff from you guys in the future.