Kick Boxing Commercial - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old April 13th, 2004, 10:12 AM   #16
Major Player

Bryan,

I like the final cut... you mentioned originally that there would be voice over... is that still in the works, or did it change?
Old April 13th, 2004, 11:22 AM   #17
Major Player

Oh man, the voice over. I had some ideas about it, thought it would work well. If you have ever herd the game Unreal Tournament, you would know the announcers voice that says "Monster Kill", "Ultra Kill", and similiar things like that. I had someone attempt a voice over like that, and then tried to change the voice to sound like the Unreal Tournament Announcer on the computer. It was terrible. Not to mention the embarassment of realizing my mic was off for 2 of the VO takes at a later on. :-/

I decided to give the cut to him without voice over with the hope that he would either like it the way it is (in hopes of paying me to do a better commercial for him where he's actually prepared, and I spend several hours shooting, instead of 35 minutes) or that he can come up with what he would like in the voice over ( hasn't told me anything at all yet).

Whatever the case, one of the main goals of this project was just to get out there and get some experience. If he doesn't buy it, I still have permission to use it on my website. With the limited amount of time I was actually there, I think I have a commercial worthy of purchase for the low $amount I'm asking.

I also shot about 40 minutes of video for USA Furniature, a huge warehouse furniture store down the street from me. I'm trying to edit that right now as well.

I imagine I'll probably get a response today from the owner. I'm hoping for the "This is great, here is the money", or at least a "This is great, but could you change these 2 things." But even if it's "Are you kidding? Get out of my studio" I'll still have the experience, and I'll use it to move onto my next project.
Bryan Mitchell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work