Golden - opening scene - VFX heavy micro budget - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old August 8th, 2009, 03:16 AM   #16
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sverrir Fridriksson View Post
I love how it starts slowly and gradually gets more exciting. Even with the effects becoming heavier by the second, they never seem to become fake. Great work.
Thank you Sverrir! Much appreciated. I'm glad you stayed with it as it does start slow then builds in scale.

I'm storyboarding some more sequences at the moment and hope to shoot them in the coming weeks.

Thanks again,

Dean : )
Dean Yurke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2009, 09:43 PM   #17
New Boot

Just got back from LA. Casting is going unbelievably well. Business plan is done. Storyboarding in full swing.
Old August 29th, 2009, 05:35 AM   #18
New Boot

Yes, this intrigued me. You're off to a good start! And like the others have said; it doesn't have a micro/low-budget feel to it.
Old September 10th, 2009, 12:44 PM   #19
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik Holmberg View Post
Yes, this intrigued me. You're off to a good start! And like the others have said; it doesn't have a micro/low-budget feel to it.
Thanks Henrik,

That's the plan. There's a lot of tools out there these days to plus the look of low budget features but as you know, being a writer, it's still all about the story and the characters.

I think making the opening really paid off since it's helped me to attract actors that are well above my budget so I'm really looking forward to seeing what happens next.

Thanks again.
Old September 22nd, 2009, 12:33 PM   #20
New Boot

QUESTION:

I'm designing the ghosts at the moment and am looking for great examples of subtle ghosts. I like the idea of seeing something but only briefly and at very intense moments.

Mostly the ghosts will be invisible, just their effect on the environment, mist, leaves, shadows but now and again during lightning flashes or in the shadows I'd like to show something freaky.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Dean.
Old September 30th, 2009, 01:46 AM   #21
New Boot

Casting is almost complete, just one more role to confirm. Woohooo.
Old October 13th, 2009, 08:08 PM   #22
Regular Crew

Hi Dean,

It looks fantastic. I looked at your profile on your website, and it says that you were first recognized for a student film you've done. As a student filmmaker in Vancouver I'm very interested in these kinds of things.

What's the film called? Is there any way I can see it?

Thanks,

Peter
Peter Malcolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2009, 01:36 AM   #23
New Boot

Quote:
Hi Dean,

It looks fantastic. I looked at your profile on your website, and it says that you were first recognized for a student film you've done. As a student filmmaker in Vancouver I'm very interested in these kinds of things.

What's the film called? Is there any way I can see it?

Thanks,

Peter
The film was called CODE and it was a fun scifi virus movie. It's not online since it was made a long time ago before computers... well not that long ago. If I ever upload it I'll let you know, send me your email to info@goldenthemovie.com
Old October 25th, 2009, 12:56 AM   #24
New Boot

http://www.goldenthemovie.com/images/eye3d_mon.1.jpg

In 3D - Grab your anaglyph glasses
Old October 28th, 2009, 01:57 PM   #25
Regular Crew

I'm a visual effects artist myself who is also taking a stab at movie making. This piece is a huge inspiration to me. Excellent work.
Nathan DuMoulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2009, 12:48 AM   #26
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan DuMoulin View Post
I'm a visual effects artist myself who is also taking a stab at movie making. This piece is a huge inspiration to me. Excellent work.
Thank you Nathan!

I love my day job but there's nothing more satisfying than enhancing your own work with visual effects. We're really blessed to have the technology at our fingertips to produce original imagery that 10 years ago would have been impossible for the independent filmmaker.

Thanks again

Dean.
Dean Yurke is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work