REPRODUCTION: A film by Alex Mitchell - Trailer Inside at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old July 21st, 2009, 05:39 PM   #1
New Boot

REPRODUCTION: A film by Alex Mitchell - Trailer Inside

Hello DVinfo.net!

I've recently completed a short that I'm submitting to festivals, but in the mean time I thought that I'd release a short trailer around on the web. Here's the synopsis:

Quote:
The New Republic of Alberta flourishes after separating from Canada during the recession in 2010, but this success is made bitter sweet when the government begins reintroducing eugenics policies from Alberta's past. Gina Phillips and Mark Robson star in Alex Mitchell's ambitious blend of philosophy and speculative fiction as two ordinary citizens who's lives are deeply affected by the Department of Fertility and Reproductive Rights.
This was shot on a DVX-100b, but I uploaded a 720p master to make the Youtube version look as good as it could. Please rate it and let me know what you guys think!

YouTube - Trailer: Reproduction

P.S. I've posted this in a few of the forums that I visit, so I hope it's okay that I'm posting it here too. Anyway, thanks again!
Attached Thumbnails
REPRODUCTION: A film by Alex Mitchell - Trailer Inside-reproduction2.jpg  
Alex Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2009, 01:18 AM   #2
Major Player

I was really impressed by how pretty the ol' DVX looked.
Old July 28th, 2009, 09:39 PM   #3
New Boot

Thanks! The more I use that camera, the more I get out of it. I'm debating about whether or not to sell it and get an HMC, but there's a few little things holding me back. Anyway, thanks again for the kind words.
Old July 29th, 2009, 11:23 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Wow.....I always watch the trailers b4 reading the post so that I don't get too much info b4 viewing........I was wondering what HD cam you used, then I read your post........Man thats an awesome looking trailer coming from the DVX
Reggie Moser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2009, 01:18 PM   #5
New Boot

Thanks Reggie! That's awfully nice of you to say.

On another note, my composer just got the new score to me yesterday so I've finished the sound mixing for the entire project! All I have to do is remove one or two stray brand logos that crept in during shooting and I should be done the whole thing. What a relief! Also, I took some time and designed a new website for Reproduction. Check it out!

www.drunkcaterpillar.ca/reproduction/
Old August 14th, 2009, 12:38 PM   #6
Major Player

Alex, trailer looks great and the story is intriguing. Nice work!
Jay Kavi is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work