DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Show Your Work (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/)
-   -   New Short (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/24723-new-short.html)

Neo Castillo April 18th, 2004 07:01 PM

New Short

I just finished up a new short last weekend. It was kinda last minute thing. I just decided I wanted to make a film the night before. So I sat down an hour before bed and wrote out the script. The I got every organized and to them where to be the next day.

I only had Delilah, "April" for one hour. Since she is in every scene I basically only had one hour to shoot the whole thing.

I am very happy with the way the whole thing turned out, considering the time constraints. This is also my first attempt working with a steady-cam.

It kinda hard to explain the story without giving too much away. I'll just say that April has two clients coming over. One old and one new, but the both are there for one thing and one thing only.

You can view the film at www.triggerstreet.com just do a search for "Do You Know Who's Watching".

I am planning to get my own web space soon to put all my films up on. I'm just shopping around. I hear that www.ipowerweb.com is good. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

Bryan McCullough April 18th, 2004 07:27 PM

Do you have to register just to watch?

As for web space, I use Powweb.com for business and personal and love them.

Great pricing, very fast servers.

John Locke April 18th, 2004 07:33 PM

I'll second Bryan's recommendation for PowWeb.com. I have three domains hosted by them now and I'm very pleased.

The biggest difference is in the amount of storage space provided and also the amount of bandwidth allowed.

Neo Castillo April 18th, 2004 11:16 PM

Yes

<<<-- Originally posted by Bryan McCullough : Do you have to register just to watch? -->>>

Yes you do have to register, but it is free and there are no catches.

Neo Castillo April 19th, 2004 12:07 AM

<<<-- Originally posted by John Locke : I'll second Bryan's recommendation for PowWeb.com. I have three domains hosted by them now and I'm very pleased.

The biggest difference is in the amount of storage space provided and also the amount of bandwidth allowed. -->>>

Do you know if powweb.com is mac friendly?

Bryan McCullough April 19th, 2004 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Neo Castillo
Do you know if powweb.com is mac friendly?

I do all my web work with Go Live on a Mac and have no issues with Powweb. It's just an FTP connection as far as that's concerned.

Is there a specific Mac issue you're thinking about? There's really no difference between PC and Mac as far as Powweb is concerned.

Neo Castillo April 19th, 2004 02:53 PM

<<<--Is there a specific Mac issue you're thinking about? There's really no difference between PC and Mac as far as Powweb is concerned. -->>>

Well I have also been looking at startlogic.com because some of my films contain brief nudity and powwed.com doesn't allow nudity in any form.

So no one has any comments on my film?

Joe Ryan April 25th, 2004 07:11 PM

hey neo, i liked it. which camera are you using.

Neo Castillo April 26th, 2004 09:18 AM

camera

I used a XL1S with the 16x lens.

Neo Castillo August 23rd, 2004 08:32 PM

Sorry it took so long

Sorry it took so long but I am now posting a link to my short film that eveyone can visit. I should be doing another short soon and I hope to have fortune to have more time for prep.

http://homepage.mac.com/neocastillo/...Theater28.html

Robert J. Payne August 24th, 2004 01:38 PM

Neo, I liked it a lot. Very well made for only an hour of shooting. I particularly liked the beginning scenes, where you just set the camera down and let the scene take place with no cuts. I always enjoy those shots. Your steadicam shots were swaying from side to side a bit, but you said it was your first time using it, so, no problem. Good job on the film.

- Robert

Neo Castillo August 26th, 2004 11:11 PM

Thanx

Thanx for the kind words. I was really impressed with what my actors did in such short nothice. I too believe with a little more prep they could have done much better. As for the steady cam I forgot to mention that it is a home built one that I made out of some plumbing pipe, loose scraps of metal and some old free wieghts. In combination with the XL1+m100+16xlens, the home made steady cam is one heavy setup to hold with one hand, but I pretty happy with the setup especially for a first try.