New Short at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old April 18th, 2004, 07:01 PM   #1
Regular Crew

New Short

I just finished up a new short last weekend. It was kinda last minute thing. I just decided I wanted to make a film the night before. So I sat down an hour before bed and wrote out the script. The I got every organized and to them where to be the next day.

I only had Delilah, "April" for one hour. Since she is in every scene I basically only had one hour to shoot the whole thing.

I am very happy with the way the whole thing turned out, considering the time constraints. This is also my first attempt working with a steady-cam.

It kinda hard to explain the story without giving too much away. I'll just say that April has two clients coming over. One old and one new, but the both are there for one thing and one thing only.

You can view the film at www.triggerstreet.com just do a search for "Do You Know Who's Watching".

I am planning to get my own web space soon to put all my films up on. I'm just shopping around. I hear that www.ipowerweb.com is good. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.
Neo Castillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2004, 07:27 PM   #2
Major Player

Do you have to register just to watch?

As for web space, I use Powweb.com for business and personal and love them.

Great pricing, very fast servers.
Bryan McCullough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2004, 07:33 PM   #3
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

I'll second Bryan's recommendation for PowWeb.com. I have three domains hosted by them now and I'm very pleased.

The biggest difference is in the amount of storage space provided and also the amount of bandwidth allowed.
Old April 18th, 2004, 11:16 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Yes

<<<-- Originally posted by Bryan McCullough : Do you have to register just to watch? -->>>

Yes you do have to register, but it is free and there are no catches.
Old April 19th, 2004, 12:07 AM   #5
Regular Crew

<<<-- Originally posted by John Locke : I'll second Bryan's recommendation for PowWeb.com. I have three domains hosted by them now and I'm very pleased.

The biggest difference is in the amount of storage space provided and also the amount of bandwidth allowed. -->>>

Do you know if powweb.com is mac friendly?
Old April 19th, 2004, 07:41 AM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally posted by Neo Castillo
Do you know if powweb.com is mac friendly?
I do all my web work with Go Live on a Mac and have no issues with Powweb. It's just an FTP connection as far as that's concerned.

Is there a specific Mac issue you're thinking about? There's really no difference between PC and Mac as far as Powweb is concerned.
Bryan McCullough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2004, 02:53 PM   #7
Regular Crew

<<<--Is there a specific Mac issue you're thinking about? There's really no difference between PC and Mac as far as Powweb is concerned. -->>>

Well I have also been looking at startlogic.com because some of my films contain brief nudity and powwed.com doesn't allow nudity in any form.

So no one has any comments on my film?
Old April 25th, 2004, 07:11 PM   #8
Regular Crew

hey neo, i liked it. which camera are you using.
Joe Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2004, 09:18 AM   #9
Regular Crew

camera

I used a XL1S with the 16x lens.
Old August 23rd, 2004, 08:32 PM   #10
Regular Crew

Sorry it took so long

Sorry it took so long but I am now posting a link to my short film that eveyone can visit. I should be doing another short soon and I hope to have fortune to have more time for prep.

http://homepage.mac.com/neocastillo/...Theater28.html
Old August 24th, 2004, 01:38 PM   #11
New Boot

Neo, I liked it a lot. Very well made for only an hour of shooting. I particularly liked the beginning scenes, where you just set the camera down and let the scene take place with no cuts. I always enjoy those shots. Your steadicam shots were swaying from side to side a bit, but you said it was your first time using it, so, no problem. Good job on the film.

- Robert
Robert J. Payne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2004, 11:11 PM   #12
Regular Crew

Thanx

Thanx for the kind words. I was really impressed with what my actors did in such short nothice. I too believe with a little more prep they could have done much better. As for the steady cam I forgot to mention that it is a home built one that I made out of some plumbing pipe, loose scraps of metal and some old free wieghts. In combination with the XL1+m100+16xlens, the home made steady cam is one heavy setup to hold with one hand, but I pretty happy with the setup especially for a first try.
Neo Castillo is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work