DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Show Your Work (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/)
-   -   "escape" short film (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/25188-escape-short-film.html)

Patrick Keith April 27th, 2004 05:47 AM

"escape" short film

Hey everyone!

Here is a little project I've been working on and am far enough along now to have something to show. Check out the
escape
page and let me know what you think.

Please be kind - this is the first project like this I've worked on to this extent.

Christian Hede Madsen April 27th, 2004 09:31 AM

nice

YEAH...finally some good old fashioned Sci-fi.

I really liked it.Nice props and a lot of enthusiasm... Let me know when the project is finished.

GREAT JOB...

Alain Aguilar May 8th, 2004 06:12 PM

I went over your site. The work you are doing looks really impressive and creative, loved those home made spaceship interior and exterior designs!!. I hope to see some updates and trailer soon.

Keith Loh May 8th, 2004 07:10 PM

That animatic with the storyboards rocked.

Scott Silverman May 28th, 2004 01:05 AM

WOW.

Christopher C. Murphy May 28th, 2004 05:52 AM

VERY COOL!

Keep up the great work because it's inspiring!

Murph

Patrick Keith May 30th, 2004 10:32 PM

Thanks folks!

Just wanted to let you all know I have finally posted a few clips online!

http://www.morgankeithstudios.com/escape/

There is a :30 trailer and a few reel clips of some of the model shots that were composited in AE.

Jim Quinlan June 1st, 2004 07:03 AM

That is a great website. I love the way you show the before and after in creating the green screen effects. That's a great green screen setup you have ... large enough for the full body shots.

I would love to see the movie.

Michael Gibbons June 3rd, 2004 10:26 AM

Patrick,
This looks great! I have been visiting your site pretty regurlarly since your first post, and I must say it is an inspiration! I now have my own collection of packing foam and bottle caps. I am a packaging tech so I have an unfair advantage! Those clips, just like everything else on your site, look awesome I don't think you need any one to be overly kind to you- you're doing some good work. You deserve a big slap on the back just for showing your enitire process in such a comprehensive way. I would love to see this thing in it's entirity.
Keep it up!
Michael

Christopher C. Murphy June 3rd, 2004 10:41 AM

Weird, but I can't get the movie to play because it stops downloading at 11.9 megs and it says it's 12.9 megs total. Does your server have a download cap?

UPDATE TO POST:

I got the download to work, but it took like 5-6 tries for some reason. Great job...it's very Hollywood because of the music. You did that music in GarageBand??? Damn, I need to get in there and play with that I think....

Murph

Christopher Reynolds August 14th, 2004 07:35 PM

Patrick,
I just found this thread, and looked at the website completely. I have been given a profound sense of hope and determination. You have shown me that with the proper resources, grit, and chutzpah...one can accomplish a magnificent vision. I salute you sir, for all you have done with this project, and your desire to show anyone who is willing to see it. I'll keep hoping I can purchase a DVD of this project off of you. I would love to show all my friends what can be accomplished "on a shoestring budget" as you said. I thank you for this wonderful and generous gift you have given my friends, the community here, and myself. Good luck in your future works!

Keith Loh August 15th, 2004 11:56 AM

Patrick, I just saw your new trailer.

The spaceship 3D needs to be rerendered with another light source. I really couldn't make out the spaceships at all.

David Chao August 16th, 2004 12:28 PM

Looks very cool! What sort of material is the green screen? Did you order it or was it homemade?

I dig the crane too!

Christopher Reynolds August 17th, 2004 04:51 PM

<<<-- Originally posted by David Chao : Looks very cool! What sort of material is the green screen? Did you order it or was it homemade?

I dig the crane too! -->>>

This is a quote directly from his website "We decided to use wallboard for the surface of our cyclorama since it is strong, smooth and flexible and Michael happened to have a pallette of it readily available. Each section is 8' x 4' and 1/8th inch thick. Here, Michael is inspecting the first sections of wallboard we tacked up. It was fixed to the studs with small finishing nails. " The wallboards were masonite panels.

Ryan Mattos August 18th, 2004 11:03 AM

What kind of a budget have you got for this project? It looks like it could be really cool.