First film I show here :-) at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old May 10th, 2004, 12:49 PM   #1
Major Player

First film I show here :-)

Hi guys & girls,

Had the oppertunity to play with LOTS of software! ( Yep - felt like a kid in a candy store )

At home I use Vegas 4, mostly doing home video stuff - 99.5% of all effects I use is the X-fade. But having: AE 6, Mediastudio 7, Photoshop CS and Magic Bullet at hand woke the playful spirit in me!

Here is what I managed to output:

http://sidens.scorpionshops.com/lzfx.htm

It is no masterpiece, still - from a newbies point of view I'm rather pleased!

Your input is welcomed!

Best regards,

Lazze Z

It is a QT movie, 41 seconds, about 2mb streaming
Old May 11th, 2004, 10:08 AM   #2
Major Player

Seeing that I get no input at all I feel that I maybe should offer some more info :-)

Since I just had the chance to "play around" - I could no shoot any material I just used what I had at hand - in this case some mixed shots of my daugter!

I've processed the end result with the Magic Bullet suite - Letterboxer, MB, Film look(basic white diffusion), Broadcast colors.

Ripple effect made in AE 6, slowmo velocity envelopes in Vegas. Cheezy 3D effect in Ulead Media Pro. "Titlestone" in Photoshop.

I was inspired of falcons commercial spot shown here in Sweden - they do BW -> Color, color -> BW and ripple...

My own input

* Good start - first 10 seconds, mirror and BW -> Color in slowmo
* Good end, kind of SciFi/religious :-) when the light follows here hand

// Lazze
Old May 11th, 2004, 02:26 PM   #3
RED Code Chef

I just have a distaste for "fancy" transition, even if it is for such
a "home" movie. That distracted too much from me. I thought
a bit more different footage could have helped as well.

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2004, 01:06 AM   #4
Major Player

Hello Rob,

I agree, as I said - usually I only use crossfades - but now when I had access to all tools I wanted to play around some.

FX like this can be useful though - in menu sequences for dvd menu and stuff like that

// Lazze
Lars Siden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2004, 05:03 AM   #5
RED Code Chef

That's true, but it triggers some weird stuff in my brain when I
see it in a movie <g>. Sorry.

Did you shoot this with the XM-2? Any more stories about this
piece? Is it me or is there no sound?

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2004, 01:47 PM   #6
Major Player

>Did you shoot this with the XM-2? Any more stories about this
>piece? Is it me or is there no sound? -->>>

Yep - Love the cam now when I'm used to it! Only downside with it is the weight. When your "free film" - which you often do when you're "family filming" it gets quite heavy.

I have some nice ideas for making something more "serious" - like a short documentary on a castle nearby. Maybe I'll get on with it this summer. Haha, when I think about it: I do have planned FX part of the documentary too - a scene where you "ghostly" see some dancers on the court yard.

Hopefully I can dig up some $$$ and upgrade to vegas 5 ( hard time convincing my boss that I need it for work since I works as a software developer :-)

// Lazze
Old May 12th, 2004, 05:22 PM   #7
Tourist

whoops someone deleted my post

as i was saying editing software is fun, it lets you do really cheezie transitions. so you can put it on sites to show the world how you have an eye for film.
Cam Henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2004, 08:23 PM   #8
New Boot

I Like what you did, I'm not a professional by any means, and seeing how it was a "home Movie" and you had the opportunity to play with lots of software; I think it was well worth my time viewing it. I really enjoy seeing folks putting together "home movies" you'll be glad you did as well when your girl is all grown up and out on her own:)
Mark Michaels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2004, 04:23 AM   #9
Major Player

Hello Mark,

>I'm not a professional by any means, and seeing how it was >a "home Movie" and you had the opportunity to play with lots of
>software; I think it was well worth my time viewing it. I really

I had a fun time toying around! That's one of the dangers with computers - you can get so hooked up with technology that you loose the goal out of sight :-)

>enjoy seeing folks putting together "home movies" you'll be g>lad you did as well when your girl is all grown up and out on >her own:) -->>>

Thanks! I also belive that within 10-20 years all this hours filming and editing will be rewarded - alas, the human memory is short ( at least mine is ) - so having it on film will be great!

// Lazze
Old May 15th, 2004, 04:38 PM   #10
New Boot

Yep "home movies are just what they are. The love ones that will be viewing them 10 or 20 years from now will think that are great.

I personally would like to see more of peoples home movies. Maybe we can all get some ideas from each others, I know I find it hard sometimesto put together a "cool" home movie that strangers would appreciate.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work