Dartmoor National Park at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old August 10th, 2009, 09:29 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Dartmoor National Park

Hi all,

Just thought I'd share my latest video with everyone please leave comments on what you think of it.

I shot this with a Sony Z5 and a Libec LS38 Tripod using it in 1080i mode with standard picture profile.

In editing with Sony Vegas Pro 8, I mainly boosted the saturation to bring out the colours of the location along with making it look abit more like summer.

Dartmoor on Vimeo

Hope you enjoy.
Jonathan Palfrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2009, 03:58 PM   #2
Trustee

Nice work, Jonathan. There was a lovely relaxed mood to the video.

I would have been tempted to cut the sequence a bit shorter, and also maybe left out the guy smoking and a few of the landscape clips that were too similar to earlier clips. The sloping horizon section did jar somewhat compared to the other clips.

What I probably miss most were the addition of some native wildlife/birds etc., and also to lower the background music in some of the footage so as to listen to the natural sounds of the forest, running water etc.

To add interest, I think that some clips need to be added that were taken during the 'magic-light' of dawn and dusk, with maybe some misty scenes and low beams of sunlight etc., to improve the atmosphere.
Old August 12th, 2009, 06:19 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Hi thanks for the response,

Yeah I argee with what you said, sadlly there didnt seem to be much wildlife other than cows.

I really want to spend a full day there one day to get the different lighting, only spent a couple of hours there, hence the limited shots.

Thanks alot for the feedback, I will post actual work on here in the future, got a few videos for Paignton Zoo and weddings coming up.
Jonathan Palfrey is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work