Show Your Work 2005 - Page 15 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Closed Thread

Old March 3rd, 2005, 08:47 AM   #211
Regular Crew

You're getting better, I can tell!

I am quite the fan of outland pictures since I first saw the original Undead Nation short. I think there was quite a bit of improvement. It has a really nice, professional feel to it. I really liked the opening shot that I assume was done with some sort of crane, or a very smooth moving tall person. I laughed several times, the feeding chocolates scene as well as when he was on the phone. And the "Ass on a stick" comment was gold. I was impressed with the shot selection, there was a really good variety, close ups and meduims, things in the foreground, it all kept it interesting, and it was well cut together. I also think the music complemented it very well. Only thing I can think of I would have done differently is to have fed the zombie the guy alive, rather than killing him and dumping the body in there. That's all and overall I really liked it! Good work, can't wait for the next.
Old March 3rd, 2005, 10:07 AM   #212
Regular Crew

Cute film.

One piece of advise I had heard which works well is to record ambient sound from the room and play this in periods when you have credits and what not that does not have a sound track. This removes the awkward dead silence that you would otherwise hear.

Regards,

Geoff
Old March 3rd, 2005, 10:24 AM   #213
Major Player

hehe. Thanks for the tip. I was pretty much just doing something so I can get practice on doing titles. I figured, what the heck.. if I can make it sort of funny then even better. :)

I can loop the ambient sound too, good idea.
Old March 3rd, 2005, 11:02 AM   #214
Inner Circle

<<<-- Originally posted by Bryan McCullough : I think they used a GL2. At least one of the production shots showed that camera. -->>>

I agree, it wasn't a PD150, but a GL2 (if offcourse they used only one cam)
Old March 3rd, 2005, 12:51 PM   #215
Major Player

LoL, that was great. I can understand all the issues you might have had with the actors, since the scene was too elaborate.

Maybe you were a bit over your head? :)
Old March 3rd, 2005, 12:56 PM   #216
Major Player

Nice... this is the kind of movie that works best on the web. People watch it because it's funny, not because of the 'film look' or stuff like that.
Old March 3rd, 2005, 02:27 PM   #217
Major Player

yeah, those actors.. boy are they picky.
Old March 3rd, 2005, 04:18 PM   #218
Major Player

Thank you! Always nice to hear encouraging remarks.

1. The opening was indeed a crane
2. The "A on a Stick" was my brother Ad-Libbing for me; I told him "Call my home machine and levae a message as if you were a Landlord and you have had complaints of the smells." He did great.
3. Feeding the body alive would have been epic; we were sp pressed for time however.

Thanks again for the comments; and more Undead Films are coming; and hopefully they will continue to be better and better. (Still learning) :)

John
Old March 4th, 2005, 09:54 AM   #219
New Boot

Full Metal Comedy : A Comedy Show for Our Troops

Hey guys, I haven't posted here in a long time.

Anyways, I filmed/edited a standup comedy dvd with a bunch of comedians - Robert Kelly, Colin Quinn, Jim Norton, Dov Davidoff, Dan Naturman, Mark Cohen, Steve Byrne, Sherrod Small. We also got tons of bonus material from people who didn't perform - Dane Cook, Opie & Anthony, Charlie Murphy, Donnell Rawlings, Bill Burr, Seymour Butts, Robert Shapiro, Godfrey, Ardie Fuqua.

2000 copies are being sent over to Iraq and other locations where our troops are stationed. The DVD is only available to people in the military or families of people in the military and has been completely non-profit.

I have some clips and screenshots up on my site -

www.bichutskyfilms.com or check out the offical site www.fullmetalcomedy.com

I would appreciate any and all feedback.

Thanks guys,
Kirill
Old March 4th, 2005, 10:08 AM   #220
Regular Crew

Glide Tours - Another beginning to the end...

A realtor called me a few weeks ago and was interested in producing home tour videos to help sell his properties. Then I called him back recently for a follow up and he had found this company, Glide Tours. Companies like these guys are killing us. They are hurting themselves as well because the only place they have to go is down in their rate because they set such a low high mark to begin with. The production value is not exactly top shelf either.

Scroll down to package #3 for the demo
www.glidetour.com/members

Main Site
www.glidetour.com
Old March 4th, 2005, 10:36 AM   #221
Regular Crew

Intervention on A&E - DVX-100a 30P

There is a new show premiering on A&E this Sunday that is getting some great reviews. It is called Intervention and is right down to the point about people with serious addictions. I was one of 3 camera operators on an episode shot last week in Atlanta. One of the great things about this shoot was that we were actually working with the creator/director. We shot the actual intervention part of the show about a person with bulimia. It was mild compared to some of the other addicts that will be featured. Just watching the promos it looks like there's going to be alot of yellin' and screamin' going on. Our episode probably won't air until around April or May.

The castmember believes that they are part of a documentary about addiction and that's it but what they don't know is that their family and/or friends have planned an intervention and the featured person is taken by surprise with a psychologist and family/friends to finally attempt to confront them and get them help. Unlike other "reality" shows, we were told that we COULD NOT cut for any reason and that there would be no re-enacting at all. It had to be captured the first time. We were shooting with 3 DVX-100a systems in 30P and 1 PD-150 as the master wide attached to a ceiling mount.

Intervention
www.aetv.com/intervention
Old March 4th, 2005, 10:43 AM   #222
Major Player

Sounds pretty cool! It's on A&E (one of the 4 channels I really only watch) so I'll keep an eye out for it.
Old March 4th, 2005, 10:45 AM   #223
Regular Crew

Yep. The promos for it have been running quite a bit this last week.
Old March 4th, 2005, 11:45 AM   #224
Major Player

The Productoin is not at all Top of the Line but it is a Quantam leap in the usual Realtor "Virtual Tour". I wish more Realtors offered this as we are inthe market for a home and ONLINE it's hard to judge with bad photos; the best way to compete is to adapt.
Old March 4th, 2005, 12:07 PM   #225
Regular Crew

I totally agree. I would much rather move through the spaces with video than manipulate them with 360 imaging. I am not as concerned with the production value as much as the rate. The actual production of the content is not really hard but is time consuming and if they can pay their bills and staff with all that goes with it producing each one for $119.00 then good luck to them. I don't think they will be around after a couple of years or sooner at those rates especially with technology advancements further leveling the field with affordable media delivery solutions. What would their customers think if they suddenly raised the price to around $1000.00 like the rest of us charge after realizing that it couldn't be pratical at that low rate? I bet they wouldn't be happy. They have set a precedent by offering that low rate. Like I said earlier, if the market production value goes down, they can only go down from $119.00 to keep their huge margin of competiveness with the rest of us that charge fair market value and we will still have room to make a living.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work