Show Your Work 2005 - Page 16 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Closed Thread

Old March 4th, 2005, 01:26 PM   #226
Major Player

I've seen worse. The idea of racing through to get the whole house is one thing, but the lack of production values screams "video as a hobby". And a thread on w/a lens running auto-iris with extreme ballel distortion .... enough said.

In my market, the base rate is a buck fifty up to 250 for executive homes. I get it because of the look, the audio quality and the well written scripts. It takes no longer to do this way.

James I am curious about the rates in your marketplace.
Old March 4th, 2005, 01:34 PM   #227
Regular Crew

I haven't done any home tours on regular basis because of the lack of interest in my area for various reasons with cost being the main one. So, I can't give you typical rate for my area. Here is a relative thread with a demo (4 posts down) I did a while back.

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...l+Estate+Tours
Old March 4th, 2005, 01:54 PM   #228
Major Player

Hahh, that's pretty good!
Old March 4th, 2005, 03:27 PM   #229
Regular Crew

Gemberling Episode 2

Well, I posted the first episode here last month, so this is number 2.

Check it out if you get a chance.

It's about a computer programmer who's been sucked into tthe internet.

Yes, like Tron. Only dumber.

http://www.cowboyandjohn.com/images/gemberling_2.wmv

This will NOT be appropraite for people who are offended by swears, or are at a stifiling corporate work environment.
Old March 6th, 2005, 01:30 PM   #230
Regular Crew

Sequel # 8 brings you directly into the heart of Germany: Dortmund - the search of Dr. Clausen will go on.

Be part of the most creative film project on the net!

Best regards

Volker Krieger

www.kettenvideo.de
Old March 6th, 2005, 10:36 PM   #231
Major Player

"Blackwater Elegy" screening at the Damah Film Festival in L.A. this Friday

The multi award winning short film Blackwater Elegy will be screening this Friday evening March 11 at the Damah Film Festival, as part of the Nominated Films in the 30 minute category at the Laemmle Music Hall Theater in Beverly Hills.

Synopsis:

The death of a close mutual friend threatens the sanctity of the one place on earth where J.T. and Hollis, in their 70's, feel most secure, their favorite fishing hole. A stark confession tests the boundaries of true friendship and a realization sparks the light of hope as they face the consequences of the choices they've made in life.

Directed by Joe O'Brien and Matthew Porter, Blackwater Elegy stars Barry Corbin (One Tree Hill, Northern Exposure) and John Cullum (Law & Order: SVU, ER).

Blackwater Elegy has won 6 Best Short Film Awards. John Cullum won the Best Supporting Actor Award at the 2004 Tambay Film Festival for his portrayal of J.T. And I won the Best Cinematography Award at the 2004 Thunderbird International Film Festival for my work on the film.

I'd love to hear feedback from anyone that gets a chance to see the film.
Old March 7th, 2005, 03:52 PM   #232
Wrangler

Jon,

Will it be showing around NYC anytime soon? Love to see it.
Old March 7th, 2005, 05:42 PM   #233
Trustee

Plug for a short I'm involved in

Although he's been working on this for a long time, I thought I'd give it a plug now that it's nearing the end of principal photography.

I'm actually not a technical person on this shoot, I'm acting in this one, but it's shot with a Canon Xl1s and my XM2 as a second cam when necessary. Dialogue is recorded in cam with my ME66.

It was funny cause I had to basically force the gear on him, cause being a visual artist he was so preoccupied with the video that he was just thinking "We'll get audio with the on cam mic".

The story is a pretty basic romantic comedy, but the thing about this film that got me interested in the first place, was all the effort that the director is doing in the special effects department (On a very low/no budget film to boot). Models flown on cranes, bluescreening, matte painting etc. You can read all about it on the effects page.

Anyway the site is StrideMovies where you can read about the film, actors, effects etc. It's a pretty basic site but there's some interesting info in there.

Aaron
Old March 7th, 2005, 09:34 PM   #234
Major Player

Michael,

Blackwater Elegy has been selected to screen at the 2005 International Festival of Cinema and Technology. The 2004 IFCT had screenings in London, Sydney, Los Angeles, Orlando, and New York. The schedule for the 2005 tour has yet to be announced. I'm hoping that this years IFCT will finally bring Blackwater Elegy to New York City!

However, for a fellow New Yorker, maybe a copy could be made available... Email me privately and I'll see what I can do.
Old March 7th, 2005, 09:58 PM   #235
New Boot

Damn...I'm really looking forward to seeing this. Let us know when its done!

http://www.exfilms.com
Old March 7th, 2005, 11:10 PM   #236
New Boot

Our DV documentary webpage up

Hello all,

i posted many clips from our doc here earlier but I thought I'd let everyone know our webpage launched recently. We will be adding more clips to the page later.

www.behindforgotteneyes.com

email me at the anthony@namelessfilms.com with your comments.

Also, we are looking for help (sorry no pay) for sound mixing and other post production work. If interested let me know.

Bests
DVX South Korea
Old March 8th, 2005, 04:06 AM   #237
New Boot

Music Video (Links Added)

I just wanted a little feedback on this video. It was done for extremely low budget in one day, so I know the quality is not that great and the actors...well, short notice...and some of the scenes didn't work out the way I wanted them to because of the extremely low budget. Anyway, this was my second one and this is the rough cut.

For some reason, it turned out fine when you're viewing it on a television, but online, some things are dark. The beginning and end shots are stock footage. Alright, enough preface...

I would appreciate any comments, questions, feedback, etc...thanks.

Phil Whitman "Monsters"
For Windows Media: www.philwhitman.com/monsters.wmv

For Quicktime: www.philwhitman.com/monsters.mov
Old March 8th, 2005, 10:14 AM   #238
Regular Crew

Don't stop believing..

nice
even funnier than the first episode
Old March 8th, 2005, 03:36 PM   #239
Regular Crew

Thanks Dave!

I appreciate the feedback.

-C
Old March 9th, 2005, 03:40 PM   #240
New Boot

c'mon guys... no replies... its for the troops for god's sake!

:)

alright... i'll give you the direct clip links...

http://www.cringehumor.net/fullmetalcomedy/clips/

Thanks,
Kirill
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work