Show Your Work 2005 - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Closed Thread

Old January 13th, 2005, 06:25 PM   #31
Regular Crew

Not sure if I have any plans that friday, but if not, do I buy a ticket at the door?

It's not too far from where I work...

Levelse7en@gmail.com
Old January 14th, 2005, 09:31 AM   #32
Regular Crew

Glad you can make it! Make sure to introduce yourself. We will have tickets at the door (providing we don't sell out before). Tickets are also available by calling the box office of the Weinberg Center (301)228-2828.

<<<-- Originally posted by John Lee : Not sure if I have any plans that friday, but if not, do I buy a ticket at the door?

It's not too far from where I work... -->>>
Old January 16th, 2005, 07:45 AM   #33
Regular Crew

Filmfestival Help

Hi.

I was wondering if anyone could recomend (amateur)filmfestivals
, which will soon call for entries??
I have 2 films that I would like to send, but I need the right festival... The first is a dark shortfilm and the other a short documentary... Hope you guys will help!

Thanks
Old January 16th, 2005, 01:38 PM   #34
Regular Crew

Film Festivals

2 suggestions:

First, check out www.withoutabox.com website. This website list hundreds of film festivals, their entry dates, a way to apply, tests to see if your film qualifies and guidelines for applying.

Second, check out Chris Gore's book: The Ultimate Film Festival Survival Guide,3rd Edition. It's pretty much the definitve word on film festivals.

Mickey Stroud
Old January 17th, 2005, 12:19 AM   #35
Trustee

Man, I missed it. I should visit this forum more often.
Old January 17th, 2005, 10:32 AM   #36
Regular Crew

Hondance Film and Arts Festival

Hi All,

Just wanted to let anyone near the Baltimore/DC Metro area know about a new film festival that will be taking place this weekend. The festival is called Hondance (for those of you who are not Baltimoreans, a "Hon" is a typical working-class Baltimore woman, often seen sporting a beehive and calling everyone "Hon", as in short for "Honey").

Hondance will be featuring a ton of shot-on-DV shorts and features, as well as a bunch of great live music, poetry readings, short plays, and even belly dancing!

For more details, check out the website at http://www.hondance.com . If you're thinking of attending, I'd definitely recommend reserving tickets. The theater has very limited seating, and we can probably only sell about 120 tickets each day.

Hope to see some of you there!

Thanks,
Ryan Graham
37.5 Productions
Old January 17th, 2005, 12:40 PM   #37
Major Player

I made it and was glad I did. Really great guys and a good turn out of guests.
"The Last Days of Central" was quite a nice film. I didn't know what to expect at first but the story built itself nicely and really gave you a vested interest in the relationship of J&P. Well, I won't spoil it for you but I was glad I went. I'd look for more good work from these guys in the future.

You might try to make it to the "Short and Sweet" The Best of the Short Film Series 2004 on Tuesday, Feb 15, 2005. I think it's going to be just a little west of Boston. I cant remember exactly where but they should have more information here.

http://www.attentiondeficitfilms.org/
Old January 17th, 2005, 01:08 PM   #38
New Boot

what is the title of the sigur ros song playing in the background?
Old January 17th, 2005, 04:13 PM   #39
Regular Crew

Thank you very much...I will do that...:)
Old January 17th, 2005, 10:05 PM   #40
Regular Crew

Old video of mine from last year

This was my first attempt at video work of any kind and was edited as an afterthought. I pretty much took a handycam along for a laugh and didn't really put any thought into it and then decided to cut it later, hence the large amount of shakey shots.

My skills have improved somewhat with practice but I thought I'd post this anyway for peoples opinions.

http://s4.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2P...K24SQB12GHQTF5
Old January 18th, 2005, 06:38 AM   #41
New Boot

Video for my church.

Hey,

Here is a video I filmed for my church, I didn't write it, I just composed the shots, directed, and edited it. Let me know what you think, and feel free to tear it apart. http://www.petemurph.com/upperroompromo1.htm

Thanks,

Peter
Old January 18th, 2005, 08:51 AM   #42

At the UK site PANARTIST.COM, 12 Sonnyboo movies have been rated in the top 20 ! Including the #1 spot for PULP DICTION

MDIFILM's Johnny WU also got 2 movies in the top 20!

WOO HOO!

and don't forget, all of the aforementioned sites, including PANARTIST.COM accept submissions, so if you want to partake in the fun of getting movies seen - visit the sites & submit your own damn movie! Nothing stops you from succeeding more than inaction...

======================

COOL NEWS - AIN'T IT COOL NEWS has a mention of the SONNYBOO WEEK at Undergroundfilm.org

see the " GUNN SHOTS" from Elston Gunn's weekly report at the bottom. It's ain't much, but it's another mention on a great site for the Sonnyboo movies and all of Columbus people involved.
Old January 18th, 2005, 09:34 AM   #43
New Boot

A Joker's Card official trailer now online

Well, here it is, the oficial trailer before the short film, this is shot with 2-3 XL1s, PD150, and 16mm reversal footage (in a few fight sequences), cut with Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5 and uses some effects with Adobe After Effects, Adobe Photoshop and Discreet 3dsMax (not maya as previously stated). Music composed by Aryavarta Kumar, additional info about this short film can be found at http://www.mdifilm.com/joker

Quicktime and Windows versions are up, please keep in mind that depending how your monitor is calibrated, you might see a darker quality compared to the ones we will be passing out in DVD.

http://www.mdifilm.com/joker/media.html

Enjoy!

Johnny Wu
Old January 18th, 2005, 11:02 AM   #44
Major Player

Good Job!

I enjoyed this alot - the directing was very good. What was it shot with?

Good job setting up the shots. They were well strung together.

Music sounded to tinny - might just be the quicktime encoding though.

Wasn't much for the Harvard Univ. shot. Didn't think it helped with the story much. (Plus I have two friends there and going there doesn't make them any more morally or intellectually different than any of us)

I especially liked the end logo.

I think you did an excellent job with this video. Hope your church enjoyed it as well!
Old January 18th, 2005, 11:06 AM   #45
Major Player

Good work.
The camera positioning was especially well done.

The whole thing looks very good.
Something has to be done about the narration though. It kinda destroys the whole thing. It is definately not matching the pro look the rest of it has.

Hope to see the rest!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work