Show Your Work 2005 - Page 35 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Closed Thread

Old June 2nd, 2005, 11:17 PM   #511
Major Player

Great job! Wow. I wasn't buying the signal flares terribly but the jet was jiving for me. Awesome.
Old June 3rd, 2005, 12:09 AM   #512
Inner Circle

You need a real yellowish-orange blast, then fade to black instead of white!
Old June 3rd, 2005, 07:56 AM   #513
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Zhang
You need a real yellowish-orange blast, then fade to black instead of white!
Agreed! Also, the green smoke doesn't look real. looks very CG. It stands out in the shot, using Shake might help the compositing of the effect. That is usually the tell tale sign of home-made VFX, poor compositing.

Nice job over all. Better than most I've seen. Good Luck and keep truckin'
; )

Alex
http://www.whatisbroken.com
Old June 3rd, 2005, 09:54 AM   #514
Air China Pilot

The blast part needs to be faster. I like the effect though and I don't mind the colour.
Old June 3rd, 2005, 12:24 PM   #515
Major Player

Thanks for all the suggestions guys!!! I did a little tweaking and re-rendered.

www.rch-e.com/temp/steven-boom.mov
Old June 3rd, 2005, 09:14 PM   #516
Regular Crew

HDV for the masses - FREE HDV Timelapse clip!!!

Hey everyone,

For the last week and a half, I've been shooting with the Sony Z1U (HDV) camera for a review I am working on. Unfortunately, the weather has not been that cooperative - cloudy, windy, rainy - not the best for trying to get HD beauty shots.

The good news is the camera produces a very nice image (review coming soon), and I was able to capture another timelapse image that you can use for free in any project you see fit.

I have placed two versions of the 30 second clip on my site. The first is using the HDV 1080i60 codec, download it and drop it into your project. The bad news is it was encoded using QuickTime 7, so this means PC users won't be able to use the clip until Apple releases QT7 on the PC. Hopefully you won't have to wait to long (Monday maybe?).

The second clip is down converted for NTSC DV use. It has been saved as an anamorphic clip to preserve the 16:9 ratio. You will need to make adjustments in your NLE system to use it. This clip will work on both the PC and Mac (I tested it).

Don't forget there is also a timelapse sunset clip available as well (30 seconds, DV NTSC).

If you decide to use any of the clips (remember it is free for commercial and noncommercial use), please drop me a line and let me know what you used it for. I know of at least one person who used the sunset clip in a commercial spot.

If you are wanting to learn how to use HDV footage in a SD Final Cut Pro 5 Timeline, be sure to check out the just posted Final Cut Pro Quick Tip #49. Next week I'll have the milestone Final Cut Pro #50 posted, which shows how you can do co-located editing ala the Apple demonstration at NAB.

Hope everyone has an enjoyable weekend! I'd be out shooting more with the camera, but it is raining again... I think there is a song in there somewhere...

Cheers
Stephen Schleicher
www.stephenschleicher.com
Old June 4th, 2005, 06:54 PM   #517
Major Player

Teton Ski Descent Video

Here is a 8 minute/31mb video that I put together after climbing/descending the Skillet Glacier on Mt. Moran in the Tetons.

http://fritzrips.com/Morannet.wmv

This type of filming is why I am thinking a light Panasonic AG-DVC30 would fit the bill for a functional camera to haul around in the mountains.
Old June 5th, 2005, 08:58 AM   #518
New Boot

My Graduation Project (Fur-ag)

I really enjoyed all the information I got from the site and the community, so I decided to let you guys help me make my work better. Please tell me what you like, and what you think needs work. Either will be equally appriciated.

The link:
http://homepage.mac.com/jim.sowden/furag.avi

Note: You need a DiVX player to watch this, like mplayer for the Mac, or VLC for anything else.
Old June 5th, 2005, 02:46 PM   #519
Regular Crew

Strange Adventurers: Where Walks the Waitress

http://www.globo-chem.net/~jay/SAFinalWeb.mov (Sorenson 3, 25Mb)

A four minute superhero-based entry for Wizard Magazine's 2005 Direct-to-Video contest.

Shot with A GL-2, assembled on a Mac.

Any comments appreciated!

-j
Old June 6th, 2005, 11:19 AM   #520
Major Player

somewhat funny and entertaining for sure. the characters themselves are funny and thats what appealed to me the most i guess.

good job production wise.
Old June 6th, 2005, 02:13 PM   #521
Regular Crew

Thanks!

-j
Old June 6th, 2005, 05:31 PM   #522
Regular Crew

New Camera Crane test footage

http://www.vintageracingnews.com/video/cranetest.mov

just some random footage I shot with the new jib arm this weekend. Not in any real order. just thrown together.

Shot at the Wine Country Classics at Sears Point.

Shot with a JVC DV500 with a dirty lens.... DOH !!!! but actually, the dust and lens flairs occasionally looked kinda cool.
Old June 6th, 2005, 09:54 PM   #523
Regular Crew

Hey Bill,

It's funny that you should mention that. I've had a bunch of pyschologist and business men who have seen the film say the same thing. Thanks for sending the link around. We just got endorsements from a bunch of "name" guys including John Boggs, who is a player agent for Mark Prior, Tony Gwynn, and a bunch of coaches and players in the MLB. I'm trying to figure out a way to stream more clips, but it takes forever...everything does.

Rick
Old June 7th, 2005, 09:46 AM   #524
Regular Crew

for the Mac OS impaired

http://www.vintageracingnews.com/vid...estwinodws.wmv
Old June 7th, 2005, 03:29 PM   #525
Trustee

Redneck Planet Commercial Parodies

Still learning over here at Time Lake Films. Getting to know the XL1s lately. I thought I would post and see what honest opinions are all about.

Simply go to http://www.redneckplanet.com The clips are on the first page you see in different formats to meet all needs. Thanks in advance for your praise and/or criticism.

Redneck Planet is just a mini series we are creating mainly for our own enjoyment while learning the new equipment. Our serious project, Street Plant, is going to be a lot more commercial than personal. Hopefully you'll like the RP parodies, enjoy.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work