Show Your Work 2005 - Page 38 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Closed Thread

Old June 29th, 2005, 01:21 AM   #556
Trustee

I agree about the news footage, if you did that, great job... not to discourage your competetive eating piece but I know of at least 2 films in some stage of production covering that topic. There was also a so-so real doc on the subject as well.....

ash =o)
Old June 29th, 2005, 06:14 AM   #557
Regular Crew

The news footage is a couple of real news stories edited together, to work with the story off the film.
Old June 29th, 2005, 01:08 PM   #558
Major Player

Some H.264 footage.

Playing with some H.264 settings. This footage is from a recent trip to Colorado.

Shot with FX1.

Please download, don't stream.

http://617pg.com/tivo/h264.mov
Old June 29th, 2005, 01:15 PM   #559

My QuickTime player can't play it. Says "the required compressor couldn't be found."

Jay
Old June 29th, 2005, 01:42 PM   #560
Major Player

H.264 requires Quicktime 7.
Old June 29th, 2005, 01:44 PM   #561
Major Player

Beautiful. Thanks for posting that.

I really love the shot of the bees in the flowers.

h.264 rocks... How long did it take to encode the final 42 meg file? And on what kind of machine?

Also--what settings did you use please.

Thanks!
Old June 29th, 2005, 01:54 PM   #562
Major Player

On a Dual 2.0 with 1.5GB RAM it took about 30 minutes to encode from the timeline in FCP5.

The data rate is about 3200 kbits/sec.
Old June 29th, 2005, 08:23 PM   #563
Regular Crew

5 minute Epic Sci-Fi Comedy: Gemberling!

Hey guys...

My comedy partner and I make a five minute episodic TV show every month called, "Gemberling"

It's about a computer programmer who gets sucked into the internet and is trying to find his way home.

We're featured in a show called Channel 102, and we've been running there for 6 months.

I'd love for you all to check out our newest episode, (and the older ones) at www.cowboyandjohn.com in the media section.

Hope you enjoy!

-Curtis

(here's a direct link to episode 6) http://www.channel102.net/view.php?epid=57

Last edited by Curtis Gwinn; June 30th, 2005 at 11:04 AM.
Old June 30th, 2005, 09:00 AM   #564
New Boot

my new showreel

hi
im alex and i just graduated from interactive design but all a really want to do is make videos
heres my showreel if anyone is interested: www.alknowshow.com/reel
going for a running job at an editing facility in london, but also got some freelance stuff coming up (fingers crossed)
all i need is 2k (£) for a dvx100a and my life is complete!
all the best
alex
Old June 30th, 2005, 03:36 PM   #565
Major Player

There is definately a few impressive things in that real...quite a few I'm not entirely sure how you did since its hard to tell if its was maybe 3d animation, or animation & video composite. I especially liked the red blood-like swirls, and the thing with the doll/childs face. Some of the stuff (animation of the map...the letters of your name)...were a bit on the simple side...or maybe not simple...just nothing that really jumps out at you.

Quote:
all i need is 2k (£) for a dvx100a and my life is complete!
haha...keep telling yourself that...but once you have your hands on that beautiful dvx...your suddenly going to realize you need a crane....then a followfocus...then a mini35....then your going to realize you need a new garage lol

edit: I'm kind of interested in how you do the over exposed look such as the two fighters...or the burning coal. Its not something you can do with DV too easily. I'm sort of interested in filming something with that look (inspired by the anime "Serial Experiments: Lane" --which to the anime fans on this board who haven't seen it GO OUT AND WATCH IT).
Old July 1st, 2005, 12:04 AM   #566
Regular Crew

Curtis,

First, I'd like to say I love Gemberling and I think it's hilarious. I have been following it scince the first episodes. I work with a lot of greenscreening myself and I was interested in seeing some pictures of your greenscreen shots before you composite images on them.

Do you have any tips on setting up a greenscreen shot with the XL2? Or was it pretty much, just the normal methods and hit the record button?

They better not cancel Gemberling... It should have been rated much higher then it was this month.

Thanks and Good luck with the show!
Old July 1st, 2005, 05:52 PM   #567
New Boot

Great Stuff

That was laugh out loud funny, thanks!
Old July 2nd, 2005, 03:59 AM   #568
Regular Crew

Thanks guys, much appreciated.

Travis...

I don't have any screenshots of our pre-composited shots at the moment, but I'll try and upload some ot our website over the weekend...

We're learning how to work on greenscreen via trial by error. Neither me or John had any filmmaking experience before, let alone greenscreening, so we've relied heavily upon the tutulage of a director friend of ours.

The main thing we've learned is to try and get as even a light as possible when you're doign low budget greenscreening. The next thing we want to teach ourselves is how to creatively light scenes for ambient effect.

Luckily, my partner John's taken to editing and basic Maya animation really well, so we're able to do ridiculous things like that Falkor character, and those pac-men.

I hope Gemberling doesn;t get cancelled either! WE're only planning on two more, before we wrap it up ourselves, but we'd like them to be screened at 102.

-cg
Old July 2nd, 2005, 08:44 AM   #569
Major Player

Presentation Reel Critique Please

Hi gang,

We are in the process of doing a new presentation reel and I'd like some feedback on our existing one. It can be found by clicking on the lady's face to the right of the paragraph heading at www.cartermedia.tv.

Thanks.
Old July 2nd, 2005, 03:04 PM   #570
Regular Crew

Your link dosn't seem to be working.....
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work