Show Your Work 2005 - Page 40 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Closed Thread

Old July 9th, 2005, 09:13 AM   #586
Major Player

Hey Michael,
It did not show. One time it was singing with no pictures.
Can you please double check
Old July 9th, 2005, 09:27 AM   #587
Regular Crew

Very good

Good production value. I liked the editing style and the consistent use of effects; you did not go overboard. I would have prefered a tad more light on her, at least an occasional burst, but I'm being nitpicky. Good work.
Old July 9th, 2005, 03:56 PM   #588

I can't get it to play--have tried several times throughout the day.

Jay
Old July 9th, 2005, 04:03 PM   #589

Looked very nice! Colors were rich and exposure appeared to be right on the nose. In the opening, you mentioned "cars" and "girls." Saw the cars, but didn't see much of anything relating to "girls."

Jay
Old July 9th, 2005, 04:10 PM   #590
Major Player

Looks good, but I do agree that more light on her would have been good.
Old July 9th, 2005, 04:36 PM   #591
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Gladwell
I can't get it to play--have tried several times throughout the day.

Jay
Same here, I couldn't get it to play streaming or by downloading. Heard the music, couldn't see the video. I got an error that some Quicktime elements were missing and not available on the server.
Old July 9th, 2005, 06:08 PM   #592

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick King
Same here, I couldn't get it to play streaming or by downloading. Heard the music, couldn't see the video. I got an error that some Quicktime elements were missing and not available on the server.
So, Mike, what's the story here?

Jay
Old July 9th, 2005, 07:27 PM   #593
Major Player

Looks like it was encoded with H.264

So you'll need QT 7 to view it and for Windows users that's a beta version.
Old July 9th, 2005, 08:06 PM   #594
Major Player

I honestly...have no idea what I just watched. Good effort though. Try and put an outline around your subtitles so they show up better over white. You had quite a bit of over exposure too. Also, try and find a better web compression method, use the Vegas 5 wmv 256kbps template, or an equivolent quicktime template.
Old July 10th, 2005, 06:06 AM   #595
New Boot

re

Thanks. Actually, I don't have DVD Architect or other software, but yeah I guess a border will do the subs more justice.

I just used the SAMPLE TEXT in the Vegas media generators. I could always up it even to 3MB but I'm NOT on DSL so that'll take a year to upload. LOL.
But thanks for bothering.

And as for the over exposure, it was the bright color curves. I contaminated the brightness on one end of the video event... probably too lazy to render that "over exposed" part separately.

Thanks.
Old July 10th, 2005, 04:07 PM   #596
New Boot

A lot of people comment on that. I see a lot of car videos made by people that feel they must include girls to be a complete package. I teased and went against that rule. Sorry to dissapoint :)
Old July 10th, 2005, 07:21 PM   #597
Regular Crew

Ok, it's fine if you don't want girls in your video but don't get peoples hopes up by saying "cars & girls," people will get let down...
Old July 10th, 2005, 11:16 PM   #598
New Boot

oooh, you seem genuinely upset about that. Next time I'll make sure to fit some girls in. :)

Can I ask, what parts of the video did you guys hate and would like to see improved? And don't say the lack of girls please. :)
Old July 11th, 2005, 01:45 PM   #599
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Miskovski
Can I ask, what parts of the video did you guys hate and would like to see improved? And don't say the lack of girls please. :)
Well, of course the lack of GIRLS! Sorry, had to say it.

If I could change one thing it would be the camera motion, way too much. Work on trying to steady the shots a bit more, it's a little more work with a hand-held camera, but it can be done.

It was the one thing that made it hard to watch, well... that... and the lack of GIRLS! ;)
RED ONE #977
Old July 16th, 2005, 06:21 AM   #600
Inner Circle

"American Jouster" to screen at Breckenridge

My documentary "American Jouster" was just selected to screen at the Breckenridge Festival of Film, in Colorado - Sept 8-11. I'm pleased as its a good sized fest thats been around for twenty five years. I might be in attendance, depending on my schedule.

Also, a tiny excerpt of the feature doc, entitled "First Fall" has been selected to screen this weekend (July 16,17) at the AURORA PICTURE SHOW in Houston, as part of the Extreme Shorts Film Festival, now in its seventh year. It's a three minute mini-doc, so if you're in Houston, drop by the Aurora Picture Show in the NE Heights, and see a cool selection of shorts screening in a neat micro-cinema. Good people there, deserving of local support.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work