Show Your Work 2005 - Page 44 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Closed Thread

Old August 8th, 2005, 01:21 AM   #646
Major Player

My first dramatic short

Hi everybody...today we just finished editing a short, no dialogue, black and white video and I'm really happy with how it turned out. I apologize for the sometimes too shakey camera...the director wanted some crazy long tracking shots in the vein of Gus Van Sant's "Elephant"...and the closest I have to a steady cam is a metal pipe with a weight on it.

http://www.savefile.com/files.php?fid=4282487

All opinions welcome...be brutal.

edit: Perhaps I should put a warning...it is quite violent.

Last edited by Matt Champagne; August 8th, 2005 at 02:29 AM.
Old August 8th, 2005, 03:21 AM   #647
Regular Crew

removed

the message is removed.

Last edited by Ahmet Ilhan; August 8th, 2005 at 03:31 AM. Reason: posted to wrong thread
Old August 8th, 2005, 05:56 AM   #648

Matt, the server where the file is located is painfully slow. Can you post the file anywhere else?

Jay
Old August 8th, 2005, 11:56 AM   #649
Major Player

Quote:
Matt, the server where the file is located is painfully slow. Can you post the file anywhere else?
Unfortunately I don't have my own website up and running right now, and the size is too big for putfile. Does anyone know of other file hosting sites I can use?
Old August 9th, 2005, 12:22 PM   #650
Regular Crew

It's not bad, you could see your feet in the shot where you're walking with the camera low to the ground looking following the actors feet.

When you show the guys face when he gets beaten up and the other guy is still swinging his punches aren't even close to the guys face, I would have made him stop swinging, spit on him and walk away or something like that and then while he's walking away show the face of the guy that got beat up.

Not bad other than that though. I liked the long tracking shots but like you said, a little shakey.
Old August 9th, 2005, 06:32 PM   #651
New Boot

Snowboarding film production

I do many different types of production for various companies, but my own time is devoted to making snowboarding movies. We've posted a promo for the video we're releasing next month, please check it out and post comments, Thanks!

Right click, Save as. File Size : 6.2MB
http://www.caniceleung.com/cplus/cplus_promo_0506.mp4

www.cplusproductions.com
Old August 9th, 2005, 08:43 PM   #652
Regular Crew

Spot for Local Goverment Channel

This is the first in a series of commercials thats goal is to promote the Local Goverment Channel I work for. The theme were going with is to spoof popular reality TV shows. The first one we did was the Apprentise. The Spot is about 90% done thought. I thought I would post it here to get your thoughts before I finalize it

http://www.eve-files.com/media/08/Th...20Spoof_01.wmv

LMK what you guys think

This was shot mostly on a JVC Dv500 the opening shot was a GL2.
Old August 9th, 2005, 09:09 PM   #653
Major Player

Nice crash at ;58
Old August 10th, 2005, 03:32 PM   #654
Regular Crew

any thoughts at all? good or bad
Old August 12th, 2005, 02:56 AM   #655
New Boot

Powercruise 4 Twin Burnouts Video - For the car nuts

We all like a burnout or two. How about two at a time? Last Saturday the Powercruise 4 event in Sydney held a twin burnout showcase that was very entertaining. I lugged my gear out there and took some footage which I threw together in this 7:12 clip. I am yet to post a decent low res copy so you can wait for that or view the real deal weighing in at 27.6mb now. Sorry, while I do try to keep the size down I don't do compromises :P

Enjoy...

Powercruise 4 - 888x500 - 27.6mb
Old August 12th, 2005, 09:32 AM   #656

Good looking video, George, but what's the object here? The idea of "burnout" is new to me.

Jay
Old August 12th, 2005, 09:19 PM   #657
New Boot

There is no object other than to entertain. I guess this video is aimed at only those that appreciate cars in the true sense. To everyone else it's just noise and a waste of rubber. To an enthusiast however it represents power and the ability to tame that power to display a dance with a 1-2 tonne scrap of metal.
Old August 12th, 2005, 10:11 PM   #658
Inner Circle

punk'd uses DVX100!

MTV made a good decision! one troubling thing was the color looked better than that of a Z1! Maybe they did some serious color correction and gamma tweaking.
Old August 13th, 2005, 12:45 AM   #659
Trustee

I dont think they use it exclusively... I have done a TON of VH1 and MTV stuff and they use a mish-mash in the field. I think the DVX, since it is easier to use, is used more than most other cams but to be honest, most the operators are not very good IMHO.

ash =o)
Old August 13th, 2005, 10:43 PM   #660
Slash Rules!

A very old Bass project

So, here's this thing that I never really acknowledged because of the poor production values. Thing is, people really seem to dig it (hope that applies here).

http://www.joshbass.com/hellbound_jew_wm9.wmv

I did this back in '02, for a class in Final Cut Pro, probably a couple months after I got my camera.

It's a music video called "Hellbound Jew" (It's okay, I'm one of the tribe). I'll let you extrapolate from there.

It looks crappy, to some degree, sounds crappy. Nevertheless, seems to be a crowd-pleaser. Hope you enjoy. I'm the vocalist (both in reality and in the video), also wrote and performed the song.

-3:40
-14.5 MB
Windows media player format

Hope you dudes/dudettes enjoy.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work