Show Your Work 2005 - Page 50 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Closed Thread

Old September 25th, 2005, 05:06 PM   #736
Major Player

New music video -- Backstreet Law - Till December

Greetings...I recently finished this video for a local band.

I shot on a Canon XL2 and a K3 S16. Editing was done in PPro 1.5 with Canopus DVstorm2 and AE 6.5.

WMV file, 30 mb.

http://www.extremesoundonline.com/vi...lldecember.wmv

Please leave comments! Thanks!
Old September 26th, 2005, 03:18 PM   #737
Major Player

friggin' awsome man.

How did you do the snow at the end with the band?
Old September 26th, 2005, 03:59 PM   #738
Major Player

Thanks!

It was done with a chauvet snow machine....it sort of like a soapy foam actually. The snow during the graveyard scene was added in AE with Trapcode Particular.
Old September 26th, 2005, 10:33 PM   #739
Major Player

Under The Bridge - internet TV show

Hey everybody,

Over the past couple months, I've been doing an "internet TV show" about my city's local music scene. It's a half-hour video file that can be downloaded at any time, with new episodes coming out every Tuesday. It features interviews, news and live shows, and has received some pretty good feedback so far.

All seven episodes are available online for the public to check out (no registration or anything like that is necessary). Most of them are about 125MB in WMV format (not the greatest, I know) but they shouldn't take too long to download from my server (a few minutes for most people).

Most of the show has been shot with my friend's Canon ZR50, a small consumer DV camera. Most of the live audio is taken from a special custom mix from the sound board recorded to a minidisc recorder and then sent to me through my server by my friend who does audio for the show. What could be considered the worst mic in existence has been used in most episodes for interviews and you'll find out pretty quickly why I don't use it anymore.

There haven't been any new episodes since early August because I was waiting to get my new camera (Canon XL2) before I kept going, although there will be a new episode sometime this week because I was able to use a camera from work (local TV station).

If you've got some time to kill, check out an episode or two. The one I'm most happy with so far is episode 7, although it's an hour long and I don't know if you'll have the time. But if anyone does check it out and would like to provide a bit of feedback, it would be much appreciated!

Everything has been a learning process. I've been making little improvements and adding new elements to every episode and I'd like to think that each one is better than the last.

Okay, enough blabbing!

http://underthebridge.mumps.ca/

Click 'Watch Latest Episode' and select an episode.

Hope you like! Constructive criticism is great!

-mark
Old September 27th, 2005, 07:00 PM   #740
Major Player

They won't work for some reason. I'm getting an error message once I try and access the episodes through the site. Maybe it's because I'm on a Mac?
Old September 27th, 2005, 09:54 PM   #741
Major Player

Hmm, the videos will work on Windows Media Player and Winamp. I've heard some people say they've had trouble downloading the episodes on their Macs so that very well could be the reason. When I have more time, I'll be making Quicktime versions of all the episodes.

Sorry!
Old September 28th, 2005, 09:24 AM   #742
Regular Crew

[music video] Shot with XL1s

Here's a music video (not my kind of music, but work is work...), shot with Canon XL1s. Forget the music and focus on the girls. :)

www.mytempdir.com/177679

No steady-like tools. All handwork.

Edit with Premiere. Post in After Effects.
Old September 28th, 2005, 01:12 PM   #743
Regular Crew

2 Anti-Dish Spots

These commercials were shot on a Sony DSR-PD170 and edited in Final Cut Pro HD and Motion. Shooting from the inside of a building out sucks.

SPOT 1 - Totally unbelievable scenario
SPOT 2 - Makes a great snack container
Old September 28th, 2005, 05:02 PM   #744
Wrangler

Nicely done, John...even the left-handed handshake. ;-)
Old September 28th, 2005, 10:58 PM   #745
Regular Crew

update on S.E.E.D

hello all
I posted a while ago on my first film alien autopsy but with a predator on the table instead filmed in my garage at home. a film we needed for a bigger film to be shown in during the main movie.

Didnt get much response maby because it is a fan film?or cause we used alreday fimilar creatures?and music?

anyway heres a quick teaser raw clips from 3 out of 12 tapes shot on 3 canon Xl1s

The costumes are all custom made by us and the story is our oun aside from the well known creatures and music..there is alot of editing to do...so technicaly this is my first film, first time with a camera and actors..it was fun but a hell of alot of work one I would most love to do again soon. heres a link hope you like it..or the idea of it anyway.

please let me know what you think so far.

http://www.zippyvideos.com/582116836...w_clips_small/

this is our first outakes vid one of a few Im shure to come

http://www.zippyvideos.com/191409764...akes_part_one/

Pete
Old September 29th, 2005, 05:04 AM   #746
Regular Crew

Wow, awesome job on the costumes. I look forward to seeing the final product.
Old September 29th, 2005, 05:40 AM   #747
Regular Crew

Awesome.

BUT... I feel everything too slow. Most of the shots looks like slow motion, and that isn't good for action sequences. The same in less time, maybe result as I prefer.

About the costumes... ¿self made?

As I said, impressive job.
Old September 30th, 2005, 12:07 AM   #748
Regular Crew

Trailer for my motocross "documentary"

Hello all. I have not posted in a while, but wanted to share my trailer for comments and criticism.

We spent about 6 months following a promising young motocross rider through several major amateur national races. The link is to a trailer for the final project.

I would love to hear what y'all think.

http://www.zoohoot.com/mx/haulinass/trailer_512.wmv

The file is not on a streaming server, so please save then watch for best results. It is about 22 megs.
Old October 1st, 2005, 02:58 AM   #749
Regular Crew

Out of the Fire - XL2 WIP

Gday all,

A friend and I are getting close to shooting our first short - here's a rough edit of some test footage we took to get a sense of how the XL2 would handle low light, and how the scene might play out. I quite like what the camera has been able to achieve, but I get a sense we can do better. I've got 73 questions, but if ya'll could help me out with a couple it'd be much appreciated.

Any thoughts on what does and doesn't work with respect to “the look”, and what can be done better? And how might I capture the audio of running footsteps effectively, keeping in mind I’ll get some car mount shots next time?

Used no extra lighting, shot wide open, gain+6 and 1/25 shutter.

http://rapidshare.de/files/5736609/OOTF_Test.wmv.html

select "free" at bottom of page to get link.

btw, pls ignore the minor continuity issues (I'll ask the train driver to park his rig next time) and not-so-steadicam...

Thanks,

Steve
Old October 1st, 2005, 06:28 AM   #750
Regular Crew

It hardly ever works when i try downloading from this site.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work