Show Your Work 2005 - Page 64 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Closed Thread

Old December 23rd, 2005, 10:57 PM   #946
New Boot

thanks chris.
Old December 23rd, 2005, 11:02 PM   #947
Regular Crew

Teaser for upcoming short

This is shot with a DVX100a. Quick two hour shoot and edit. Original score by my bro. Tell me what you fellas think.

user.starpower.net/kikosneako
Old December 24th, 2005, 10:34 AM   #948
Regular Crew

XM2 and 35mm Adaptor Footage

Some footage shot last week -

Track by Nick Drake
H264
8mb
320x180

http://s50.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1...839E1AE9340AOT

Quinn
Old December 24th, 2005, 03:26 PM   #949
Regular Crew

didnt work.....something about the link being messed up...
Old December 24th, 2005, 09:23 PM   #950
Major Player

i entered as well, see my magic wand post
Old December 24th, 2005, 10:57 PM   #951
New Boot

i saw yours earlier and that what inspired me to put up my one. i really liked it. did you use composition/blue screen or vfx to put the actors in or did you just have the actors say still?
Old December 25th, 2005, 08:31 PM   #952
Regular Crew

hmm

wow, this forum really lacks opiniated people now adays.

sorry

users.starpower.net/kikosneako

Last edited by Dmitry Yun; December 26th, 2005 at 12:12 AM.
Old December 25th, 2005, 08:47 PM   #953
Major Player

Always helps to have a link that works. :-) Doesn't for me.

KW
Old December 26th, 2005, 12:58 AM   #954
Regular Crew

TV Show + Short Comedy Sketches

Hello all.

I have been lurking these forums for a while and finally decided to sign up. The following is a showcase of my work. I suggest starting from the bottom as to those are newer projects.

www.aggieblvd.net

On that site are about 12 videos all shot with a Canon ZR100 (small consumer camera for about $300). They're pretty good to be shot with that camera.

The other project is my TV show. The one on the site was also shot with the Canon ZR100 and is the pilot episode, but I later shot a debut episode using our schools professional cameras and equipment.

www.aggieblvd.net/videos/TheParty.wmv

That one was a learning experience since I never used professional equipment before, but I hope you enjoy them!
Old December 26th, 2005, 01:10 PM   #955
Regular Crew

Montage of my son

I hope Mr. Spielberg and the composer for this music doesn't mind my using the Band of Brothers theme song. I never intended for this to be public actually, because i felt it might be way too cheesy for anyone to appreciate. Not to mention that videos of people's children are usually only entertaining to their parents. Well, here it is anyway.

Mini-backstory: This is a video of my 3-year-old son from my first marriage. The woman in the family shots is my current wife. I wanted to make my son look like he was a part of my "side" of his family instead of my ex-wife's. So my ex-wife would be pissed, but she doesn't hang around these forums :D As for my current wife, the video brought tears to her eyes. I didn't make the video to piss anyone off, i just wanted to make something and my son didn't mind being on camera. None of the pictures were taken for the purpose of a montage, so i had to work with what i did have.

http://tinycomet.com/films/gabemontage.mpg
21megs

One more thing, my son isn't dead. The initial title might give that impression. :D

I hope you guys like it.

Raji
Old December 27th, 2005, 01:25 PM   #956

Hello!

Hello all,

After many years of being a sort of jack of all trades, I've decided to concentrate my freelance efforts on photography. This project was a music video for a local RI artist named Phokus. It was shot in one day with a Canon GL1, small Lowell dv lighting kit, and a cool suction cup.

Please take a look at this link: http://fqsclabel.com/Phokus%20Video/PhokusVideo.HTML

All comments and critiques are welcomed!

Thanks

Old December 27th, 2005, 09:54 PM   #957
Trustee

I think you did a pretty good job! Nice shots... do you have a wide angle adapter or fisheye? Cliche yes but they work for this stuff. My only other comment would be to try and use a polarity filter when you are outside, it will help keep the sky from blowing out. I also liked it when you used the lens long to get a shallow DOF... to get the best DOF use the ND filter to crush the light instead of the aperature...

ash =o)
Old December 28th, 2005, 01:13 AM   #958
Regular Crew

F5 the Band, music video

This forum has been a great source of DV knowledge and the comraderie is world class.

The band F5 is a relatively new creation from former co-founder and Bass player for the classic metal band Megadeth, David Ellefson.

We shot the entire video at their practice session using :
1 Panasonic DVX100
1 Sony PD170

The Panasonic was mounted on a small crane/jib
The Sony was stabilised using a Glidecam 4000

Panasonic was set at 24p
Sony set at 30 shutter speed to quasi similate the 24p look.

Since my contribution was the Glidecam shots am not sure what was used during editing. Maybe the editing gurus who spend countless hours down in the Bunker will recognize the techniques.

Appreciate any constructive feedback / critiques

http://www.warehouseagency.com/f5

Last edited by Ken Beals; December 28th, 2005 at 11:14 PM.
Old December 28th, 2005, 11:45 AM   #959
Regular Crew

I've gotten lots of positive feedback on this one

Heres a vid, just a home vid, done for my kids first day of school. For some reason its been hit on my website a lot! Just thought I'd share with you. If you care to comment please do. Good, bad or indifferent is fine, it's all constructive to me. If you wanna say hey, that sucks, I don't mind, we all have opinions and I'd like to hear yours.

http://www.bigeyedeamedia.com/1stDay.html
Old December 28th, 2005, 03:23 PM   #960
Major Player

It's a very well done video! I think it's different, because it's not just a plain home video, but you have put a lot of effort into making it. The camerawork is nice and the picture quality itself is good.

I'm sure your family is happy after getting such high quality home videos from you.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work