Dave and Liz - a San Jose 48 Hour Film Project 2009 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old August 18th, 2009, 10:02 PM   #1
New Boot

Dave and Liz - a San Jose 48 Hour Film Project 2009

Hey Everyone,

My friend and I just received our GH-1's last week so we'd thought we go through a trial by fire and shoot our San Jose 48 Film Project with them. We shot dual GH-1's for most of the shoot and added a Panasonic HMC150 to capture sound.

YouTube - Dave and Liz - 48 Hour Version - San Jose 48 Hour Film Project 2009

Genre: Romance
Character: Zach or Zelda Alexander, an exterminator.
Prop: A piece from a board game
Line: "Tell me again why this matters?"

Everything was written/shot/edited from 7pm 8/14/09 - 7pm 8/16/09.

For the Hong Kong style fight sequence in the film, and we were really pushing the 720/60p with a lot of fast pans. I did notice some mud creep in during some extreme motions, but overall it held up pretty well.

My favorite part of using the GH-1's was all the gorilla/convert shots that we picked up at a local mall. When we walked into the stores, I walked past two security guards with the camera on my shoulder and they didn't even blink. My actors loved being able to act in public, it was a blast to shoot.
James Chen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2009, 12:56 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Could be a winner there. I was in San Jose's last year.... this is really moving forward. You guys could 720p this year right ? Great job...
Old August 19th, 2009, 02:07 AM   #3
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Barcellos View Post
Could be a winner there. I was in San Jose's last year.... this is really moving forward. You guys could 720p this year right ? Great job...
Thank you for the kind words! I really hope the audience tomorrow night enjoys it at the screening.

I was pretty thrilled that we were one of the cities that made the jump to 720p. I competed in the SF '09 48HFP and was a little disappointed to watch our film in SD. Eager to see how well the 720p will hold up on the big screen :).
James Chen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2009, 10:24 PM   #4
Trustee

Extremely well done and very highly entertaining. I really loved the couple, they came across as completely natural to me.

I hope it goes well for you. Those GH1s sure look good.
Bruce Foreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2009, 10:32 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Not bad, the twists were nice.
Stanley Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2009, 03:03 PM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Chen View Post
My favorite part of using the GH-1's was all the gorilla/convert shots that we picked up at a local mall. When we walked into the stores, I walked past two security guards with the camera on my shoulder and they didn't even blink.
Don't you need location release forms signed for your short to qualify for the competition?
Jeremy Doyle is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work