DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Show Your Work (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/)
-   -   Wheeeee! Junior effort (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/29999-wheeeee-junior-effort.html)

Josh Bass August 3rd, 2004 01:26 AM

Wheeeee! Junior effort

Yes, right on time, my third short is done (I think. . .you never really know.)

Anyway, it's not about a penis, so your kids can watch. I don't think it could possibly offend anyone, except maybe Ben Affleck. Huh? You'll see.

Anyway, here's the link.

http://www.joshbass.com/joey_and_jerome_wm9.wmv

It's about 7 minutes, probably 6 without credits, 14.5 megs, and doesn't look too good at full screen resolution. You can get between 320x240 and maybe 60-75% of fullscreen before it starts to look assy. Hope you guys like it!

Doesn't seem like the files on my site stream anymore. . .at least not from my computer. You just have to download it and watch. They used to stream, and I haven't changed anything. Oh well, life's funny.

Rob Lohman August 3rd, 2004 06:25 AM

That was just GREAT. Very funny, hahaha. Great work Josh! Nice
acting as well and totally low-budget <g>

George Ellis August 3rd, 2004 07:04 AM

I'm laughing. Thumbs up

Christopher Reynolds August 14th, 2004 08:23 PM

HAHAHA, Whoever was doing the "score" during the credits was having WAY too much fun. I enjoyed the short as much as anyone can enjoy a movie involving two grown men slapping their bellies and jumping over couches like monkies. Seriously, It was fun!

Fred Finn August 14th, 2004 10:42 PM

Completely unpretentious!! IT F'IN ROCKS!!! LOL by myself funny!

Josh Bass August 14th, 2004 10:44 PM

Glad you all liked it. I'll bump this thread, and, in doing so, hopefully further bump my ego. I was the score at the end.

Christopher Reynolds August 17th, 2004 04:38 PM

<<<-- Originally posted by Josh Bass : Glad you all liked it. I'll bump this thread, and, in doing so, hopefully further bump my ego. I was the score at the end. -->>>

Cool beans man, Im curious what kind of budget you worked on for that little gem you made ;)

Josh Bass August 17th, 2004 06:52 PM

Budget. . .okay. . .not counting the camera, lights, NLE, which I already owned (oops, sorry, BORROWED the 2k ziplight and dimmer (the "TV")),

100 ft x 10 ft roll Visqueen (sp?) for blacking some windows (others blacked with Duvetyne. . .this was shot during super duper daylight, supposed to be night) = $10 (I think)

Pizza = $40
2 Liter bottle of Coke, and six pack of bottled water = $ whatever it cost

$60 ? I guess. I also took two consecutive Saturdays off work to shoot, since these people's schedules pretty much forced me to. I don't know if the lost salary factors into the budget.

No one was paid, but I did feed them. . .which I'm quite proud of. I had a Script supervisor/PA for one of the days, and this other friend helped me out with various tasks (like dimmer operation) the other day. I DPd and directed, and edited.

Christopher Reynolds August 18th, 2004 08:02 PM

That is really cool man. You went about it as professionally as you could. Keep the helping hands full (of food that is). Also, the actors you had actually did a spectacular job for such a silly short. I'll keep on the lookout for more movies you make, you've made me laugh this far. ;)

Josh Bass August 18th, 2004 08:25 PM

Keep in mind, these actors, though they are my friends, are not JUST my friends, as many of us po' filmmakers tend to use in our films. The more reflective of the two, "Jerome", is an actor by trade. I don't think he's done any SAG work yet, but I think he's incredibly talented. You can see more of his stuff on my site, under the camera work page, under the "Texas Live Skits" section.

The other actor, "Joey", is a fellow filmmaker, who usually writes in parts for himself in his films, and has done some non-pro acting as well. I did mostly choose the both of them cause I knew them, and cause "Joey" owns the house which we used as the location.

Glad y'all like it.

Lathe Austin August 22nd, 2004 04:01 PM

That was great.

Robert J. Payne August 27th, 2004 12:05 PM

Very nice, and funny as hell.

- Robert