DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Show Your Work (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/)
-   -   Feature film shot on DVX100/Vegas 4.0 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/31302-feature-film-shot-dvx100-vegas-4-0-a.html)

Neill Delallana September 1st, 2004 10:59 PM

Feature film shot on DVX100/Vegas 4.0

Just wanted to let you all know that we finished post production on a feature film titled "Cavite" shot with a Panny DVX100 (about 20 hours of footage - slimmed down to 86 minutes) and edited on Vegas 4.0 (6 months of editing).

Please check out our website and let us know what you think.

www.cavitemovie.com

Any questions just post on here and I'll do my best to answer them! Thanks!

Neill D.
jehru@yahoo.com

Gary McClurg September 1st, 2004 11:21 PM

Take the front clips of the girl telling him she can't have the baby. Mix in the fish out of water clips, then end with the end of the B trailer.

I'd do this with a lot of fast cuts. Building up the pressure in his life. Everything keeps going wrong for him. Then at the end we see he's being forced to do something he doesn't want to do which throws the story in whole new direction which is what makes you want to see the film.

Randy Reyes September 2nd, 2004 02:03 AM

Hello Neill,

I must say I am really glad to see a movie that's set in the Philippines. Me and my friends were having a discussion about Philippine cinema & media not too long ago and we were just talking about why there really isn't anything important coming out of there in terms of film/video. Which is why I'm really interested in seeing your movie.

I thought your trailers were good. Out of all of them I found "A" to be the strongest one. I'd probably cut out that scene with the girl and focus on building up the character of the Philippines more like the way it was dealt with in "B". I like the idea of the space being of one of desperation and despondency. It works well on a dramatic level.

The sound design/music of "A" hooked me and I think it really helps to characterize the mood you are going for. The steady beat really exudes claustrophobia and the idea that time is running out for the lead character. The telephone voice is really great. Especially when coupled only with the metallic beats, it really gives off an eerie feel to the piece.

Other than that, I'd probably try and shorten it... or maybe I should lengthen my attention span?? Hmmm... In any case: Keep up the good work & keep us updated. I hope to see it somewhere!!

Donald Gregory September 2nd, 2004 04:57 PM

looks pretty good so far. I'm having trouble getting trailer A to download all the way.

Neill Delallana September 2nd, 2004 09:36 PM

Hey everyone thanks for the comments. We take any constructive criticism seriously and use it to improve our work. thanks again.

I have a proposal. The first 5 people that email me their mailing address, I will send a copy on CD-R of the first 15 mins of our project (quicktime or windows media player). I'll take care of the disk and the postage with the caveat that whatever you think of it, whether it be good or bad, post it on here.

Here's my email...

jehru@yahoo.com

thanks again!

Neill D.

Neill Delallana September 7th, 2004 05:51 PM

Our first official review from "Film Threat"

http://filmthreat.com/Reviews.asp?Id=6461

:)

Neill Delallana September 11th, 2004 06:10 AM

Anyway, I just posted up a new "Trailer A". Can I get some thoughts and opinions? Better or worse than the original trailer a? Again, apologies for the huge file as I've yet to learn how to compress these suckers. If anyone can help me with that, can you drop me a line via email or AOL AIM?

jehru@yahoo.com
AIM Handle: Droork

Thanks again fellas!

Christopher Reynolds September 11th, 2004 02:00 PM

Great work Neil! I've watched your trailers for the second time and viewed the clips. A genuinely strong and compelling story you have crafted here. Please let us know when we can purchase the complete feature.

Michael Wisniewski November 13th, 2004 06:05 PM

Neil, congrats! Just saw your movie featured in the latest Sony Vegas mailer.

Are you going to be showing the movie in New York anytime?

Donald Pittelli November 13th, 2004 09:05 PM

wow trailer a is great

nice to see the Philippines i met my wife there she's from butuan city south from you . one thing i've lerned about pilipino's they know drama . my wife and i will keep checking your site thanks dp

Alex B Henderson November 13th, 2004 09:55 PM

Neil,

I foudnt hat both trailers are very interesting in unique ways. Playing up the character, colors, and situations of the phillipines really brings a slightly exotic and somewhat nervous feel to the whole project.

There are a couple of things that I think could help out. The B trailer really doesn't build enough tension. In the middle (where he is trying to take the phone from the woman on at the bus stop) is for me the emotional peak of the trailer. It is preferable, from what I have learned, to try to get that peak to occur right at the end, in the last frames of the trailer, leaving people wanting more, cranked up and wondering "what's next".

The images are great, the camera moves look really nice, and the color is just bursting out.

I would gladly review a 15 minute copy for you if you wanted to, send me a message to rawalex at hotmail and I will have a look.

thanks

Alex