"she" - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old September 9th, 2004, 11:07 PM   #16
New Boot

I think that this was flawless from beginning to end. It's a very different kind of music video, and I commend you for filming it in such a way. I think each shot is extremely well composed, with nice push-ins, and are just set-up quite nicely. The editing is good as well. I'm not sure why, but this video works on all levels for me, not just because it's different, I just like your style of shooting. Good job!

- Robert
Robert J. Payne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2004, 10:39 PM   #17
Tourist

Sorry, it just doesn't do it for me. I don't know why; maybe its the pace or something. I don't like it.
Not to critize you but you did ask for comments " would love to hear what you think about it".

Cheers!
Dann Fong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2004, 10:47 PM   #18
Regular Crew

Thanks for your comments. I know that I have lots to learn. I know there are things that done go with the video but I really ran out of footage and time because of other things that are going on. I will be posting more videos as they come. My website. (http://mdfilms.net) is getting even more work done, you should see all the new things by the end of next week. Please sign up for updates. Thanks as always for your time.

Michael
MDFilms
Michael DeMattia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2004, 03:18 AM   #19
New Boot

I did enjoy the style... I agree about the flow comment given before though, since the cut on each beat varied so much that it lost the sense of when it was going to happen. It wasn't a consistent effect. Still, in terms of the shots, there were some great ones in there...

Overall I'd say good job!
Old September 12th, 2004, 07:46 AM   #20
Regular Crew

please note that I seen this quicktime file start alittle fast or alittle slow. This in turn totally made all the edits wrong and out of place. If your watching the video and the cuts are off beat then stop the movie and start over.
Old September 13th, 2004, 11:53 PM   #21
New Boot

i loved the part when you had the window with the trees outside it and it turned to night with the shot of the stars mixed in with the trees. i just that that was so great! any possibility you could share with me a bit about how you did that...?
Matt Babinec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2004, 11:55 PM   #22
Regular Crew

No problem. sent me an e-mail MDFilms@mac.com
Old September 14th, 2004, 06:31 PM   #23
New Boot

Tested with Firefox?

I had trouble loading the page under Firefox 1.0PR. I loaded it successfully using Safari.

I love your design!! I like the cyan-ish blue on the main menu and news page. Your sense of design is certainly not like any of the ho-hum stuff I've seen these days. Definitely fresh and different!!

Regarding the video, I'd like to see more. But if the remainder of the video is anything like the feel the web page has, I know it will go perfectly with the web site!!

Do you have an art/design/photo background?

Keep up the good work!

Rocky
Rocky Pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2004, 06:32 PM   #24
New Boot

One More Thing

Since you apparently did this with a Mac, how come you chose not to do this in Quicktime?

Rocky
Old September 14th, 2004, 06:34 PM   #25
Regular Crew

Thanks for your comments. I dont understand your question about quicktime. All of my movies are quicktime files. Let me know if your having a problem with the site. Thanks
Old September 15th, 2004, 02:32 PM   #26
New Boot

Export to Quicktime?

Hi,

Since it appears that you're using a Mac to edit your video, you can use Final Cut Express/Pro to export the video by navigating the file > export > Quicktime Video menu options. This will prompt you for a directory and filename. I am referring to Final Cut Express 2.0.3 only, but I'm almost positive that Final Cut Pro HD will also do this (if not more).

I was kind of surprised to see the file as a Windows Media file, when I noticed that you had a .Mac email address.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. Keep in mind that I'm just a bit over a novice here. When it comes to photography itself, I went to the School of Visual Arts until I ran out of money!!

Keep up the good work,

Rocky
Old September 15th, 2004, 02:37 PM   #27
Regular Crew

Rocky,

I have no idea what you are talking about. There are NO windows media files on my website. All my of movie files are quicktime. I know all about exporting video. I dont think your looking at my site (www.mdfilms.net) or you dont know what your looking at.
Old September 15th, 2004, 03:04 PM   #28
New Boot

I stand corrected!

Hello again,

Yes, it certainly does seem that I was reviewing someone else's clip. Sorry about that. I guess I've spent too many hours in front of the monitor.

You DO have a nice style! That coupled with the overall look of the site is a winner, IMHO. Keep it up.

Rocky
Old September 16th, 2004, 11:28 AM   #29
Regular Crew

The Good:
Most of the shots I thought had very beautiful coloring. Especially the ones that the color was just enhanced, not changed. A few of the shots seemed a little too "color-changed" for me, but I loved most of the others. Very nice music video for the most part. Congrats.

The Bad:
It's not my style for a music video. Pacing did seem kinda jumpy to me, and the waves crashing with the superimposed girl scene felt kind of off. I think you should have brought her out more, It seemed to me we should have been watching her and not the waves, but the waves overpowered her, kind of frustrating to watch, in my opinion.

The Ugly?
Only thing Ugly was my last attempt at a music video, Ha.
http://www.secondsection.com
Riley Florence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2004, 04:13 AM   #30
Regular Crew

Michael,

Good work with a GL2. I think all the opinions as far as the technical stuff have been covered already.

But, dude....get over yourself. you're in a forum with some of the best DV film production folks in the country and they LOVE to share and help out. The fact that you "don't like to share my effects" is just plain bogus. Take that somewhere else.

It doesn't sound like you're having fun. It looks to me like you're just in search of a pat on the back. That's too bad.

Make a point to loosen up and have fun with this.

2 cents

-CW
www.cmweston.com
Cary Weston is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work