DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Show Your Work (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/)
-   -   new music video. (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/33053-new-music-video.html)

Alfred Tomaszewski October 6th, 2004 11:56 AM

new music video.

We made a music video for the band Sleep Station on Eyeball Records. You can check it out on our site in the portfolio section. It was shot on the DVX100.

or here:
Sleep Station "Caroline, London 1940"

Rob Lohman October 7th, 2004 05:11 AM

Amazing! I really liked it, both the music and the clip. Very nice
work. There was only one thing that bothered me and that was
the old filmly look effect with dust and whatnot, which I think
was greatly worsened by the QuickTime encoding (not sure
ofcourse). I assume the QT encoding also made it less contrasty?

Nice work!!

Jeff Donald October 7th, 2004 06:37 AM

The clip probably was not encoded for the sRGB color space, but rather NTSC, resulting in the lower contrast. Probably nothing to do with using QT as the converter.

Alfred Tomaszewski October 7th, 2004 11:34 AM

thanks for the compliment. yeah we just compressed the verion that was color corrected for NTSC. although at the end the colors are supposed to be bright and annoying and have a slight Wizard of Oz feel to them.

John Lee October 7th, 2004 12:15 PM

Great video.

The band reminds me a lot of "Neutral Milk Hotel."

Dylan Couper October 7th, 2004 12:40 PM

I don't usualy watch many music videos on here because they mostly look the same, but Rob told me to watch it, and I'm glad he did. Not only was the music good (ok, I left it playing in the background a few extra times I liked it so much), but the video was very well done also. I loved the animation. Completely hooked me on watching the whole thing. Two thumbs up!

Alfred Tomaszewski October 7th, 2004 01:02 PM

thank you for the compliments. yeah it is a good song. it is actually a little different that the stuff we usually work with. we usually do video for rock/metal/hardcore/punk bands, but we jumped the opportunity to work with a new style of music to show that we are no just able to work with on genre of music.

Dylan Couper October 7th, 2004 01:16 PM

Of course, now that I've seen this one, I'm going to be super critical on your next one... ;)

Alfred Okocha October 9th, 2004 08:01 AM

I just asked a question about animations in another section here and then I find this..!! Very nice indeed!
I don't have a clue about animations.. What did you use? Is it extremely time consuming?

Christopher Reynolds October 9th, 2004 01:49 PM

I really enjoyed this video as well. And yes, for once it has music that I enjoyed with it! The animations was really cool, I mean really cool. It reminded me of paper cut outs. I can see that being done on After Effects...not saying that is what you used, but that is what I would use. (the cherry on my cigarette just fell in my keyboard...) GREAT WORK!

Alfred Tomaszewski October 9th, 2004 04:50 PM

yes, after effects was used to do the animations. matthew stawski, one of the other owners of Scrambled Visual, did all the animation work for this video. in a few animations cardboard cut outs we actually made only because cardboard was a theme to the video. it may be hard to tell but in the room that the band is playing in all the props are made out of cardboard...even the couch was covered with cardboard. For the most part iw ould say that it is a time consuming process.

Adam Bray October 13th, 2004 02:16 AM

That chick was hot. I just starred at her the whole video like some freak.