Would appreciate ANY feedback on my editing reel: - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old January 24th, 2005, 08:06 AM   #16
Major Player

Alex - I list the job role I had on each film because an editor friend of mine said it's important that people know exactly what you did on each picture, so when they watch a clip that's shot well or poorly they know that would or wouldn't have to do with my job role.

On duration, I was trying to give a feel for actual editing segments in a project as my previous reel was more like a music video. I'm trying to hit that happy medium now between keeping interest and showing substantial enough segments of work. So, perhaps less on the first river scene, maybe cut in further but still keep the ending and then less on your favorite scene (sarcasm) with the jump cuts? I wonder what other people think. So far I've received several emails praising the after effects stuff, but editing?
Bryan Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2005, 12:53 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Bryan: question for you: What do are you applying for with this reel? if it's video editor, wouldn't you want your video editing stuff to be more "at the front"?

Maybe I misunderstand your goal.

Alex
Old January 24th, 2005, 03:39 PM   #18
Major Player

Alex - well I'll be using this reel for more than one job role. I would say that an editor would be at the top of the list but I'm also interested in just about any production job or opening in my area (there aren't a ton). I think I'm going to have to make a few different versions of the reel in order to target each specific path. eh?
Bryan Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2005, 04:36 PM   #19
Regular Crew

I guess so, huh?

Alex
Old January 26th, 2005, 08:26 AM   #20
Major Player

I think it's all setup now - I'm much happier with the way this one flows: it shows a conventional dialogue scene with some action in there, a more reserved (pace wise) montage scene where the shots have time to develop, After Effects work, and finally some good ole' MTV style fast paced editing.

[note, first link no longer works]
Bryan Roberts is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work