DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Show Your Work (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/)
-   -   Wake the Dead video (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/37872-wake-dead-video.html)

Daniel Hollister January 17th, 2005 12:49 AM

Wake the Dead video

Hey my friend Joey just finished this music video shot on the XL2. It's a music video for the band Comeback Kid. Check it out, let us know what you think!

link:
http://www.uncherished.com/

Chris Mills January 17th, 2005 01:38 AM

Having recently been on a shoot where there were only two actors and only one of them at a time in their full "hero" makeup I can say that I am quite impressed by the number of people in zombie makeup in that video. That's a lot of work. I particularly liked stepping through the gore sequences to compare notes on technique. There are some clever gore solutions there.

Jesse Rosten January 17th, 2005 01:44 AM

Here's what i think:

gross

Stefan Scherperel January 17th, 2005 01:54 AM

That had to be one of the strangest music videos of all time. I liked it alot. Most videos just have the band dancing and jumping around for no reason at all, you actually gave them a reason, and I think it worked out quite well. Who would've ever thought of skipping zombies?
The only negative that I could think of, would just be a different way of shooting it, perhaps more towords twilight, with a little bit more dramatic lighting. But hey, for what it is, I think it's great.

Rabi Syid January 17th, 2005 03:47 AM

I take my hat of to you. That was the best music video ever. The ideas where there and well done for pulling off so well. I reckon if you had a bigger budget for the video and it was released, it would be a contender for Music Video award. It was a really good creative idea.

Brandon Greenlee January 17th, 2005 10:13 AM

That was incredible.

Having watched both Dawn of the Dead and Shaun of the Dead again this week - I was quite in the mood for more zombie action.

Very well pulled off on your and the effects artists' part. The band isn't really that hot, but your presenting them in the best light they've probably ever had so far. I hope you were paid well for this video. :)

Very good job ripping the girls insides out. Reminded me of the guy who got pulled out the window in Shaun of the Dead.

Is this the first music video you've done? Very well planned out...

Patrick Bartolo January 17th, 2005 12:42 PM

Awesome video. Great job. I really liked it.

Joey Bertran January 17th, 2005 01:31 PM

hey this was my second music video. My first one was for a video productions class and that was also for the band comeback kid. We loved the premise of the hardcore dancing so we took that element from the old one and made it brand new.

Kevin Carpenter January 17th, 2005 02:33 PM

That was great Joey. Really good. I loved the 3 zombies on top of the fallen tree...lol.

I don't think there was anything I would change but if I was playing with it I might try some different types of color correction to better match the zombie genre.

Excellent work!

Joey Bertran January 17th, 2005 02:41 PM

ya the color correction i did was lowered the saturation a bit aswell as the blacks.
the xl2 picks up color well so if i didnt do that you would have seen the redest blood on the planet. either way i think it worked really well.

Mitchell Stookey January 18th, 2005 12:37 AM

Website down?

I typed in the address as well as searched and found the website and neither seem to work. Is it just temporary or is it removed? I am very interested to see this video.

Daniel Hollister January 18th, 2005 02:59 AM

site is back up. had a minor server crash.... fixed it.

Peter Murphy January 18th, 2005 06:18 AM

That was fun. I liked it except for the cinematography, but if you were going for the crappy low-budget zombie movie to the t...I think you captured it quite well. I am no expert on any of this, but these are some things I noticed. There was some really cool scenery in the end where they are all gathered around, I thought you could have been able to do some sweet stuff with that, but I guess it didn't fit with the theme. I say though, that if you are going to turn the saturation down, then crank the contrast up a lot, because it gets kindof boring to look at when you take color out. Then again, I have noticed that when I do quicktime files, a lot of the time they look flatter then they were when I was editing, so that could have been the case with this. I don't think it would be a bad idea to go crazy with the color correction and give it more of a feel, I think you could give it a creepier look without it ruining the hokey factor.

That is my worthless opinion,

Peter

Bryan Roberts January 18th, 2005 07:58 AM

Great video - obviously without a big budget, you will have some parts that seem a bit cheesy: I think the parts I didn't like were the ealier parts of the zombies where they were kind of dancing, or convulsing, something. Obviously this was done to laugh at and same with the zombies on top of the log (also funny). But I thought that if you would take it to that level of sillyness, why not go all the way and have a performance part to segway in there with the band in their zombie costumes and perhaps the other people they turn into zombies could eat their fans at the show until the end where they'd all be zombies. I think that'd be pretty sweet and then you could lose the zombie frolicks in the woods which were conceptually funny, but just made me realize I was watching some kids music video shot with one hellova camera. Great work though anyways :)

Rob Lohman January 19th, 2005 08:57 AM

It was a nice video, I liked it pretty much, except for the camera
shaking. That was the only think I disliked. You had some interesting
shots (nice with the dirt on the ground etc.) etc. Good job!