converse spec. commerical at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old March 4th, 2005, 08:56 PM   #1
Regular Crew

converse spec. commerical

Hey peoples,

So i submitted this to converse for part of their gallery for round 2 I believe. Apparently it looks too much like a commercial for what they were looking for. Anyways I got a kick out of the finished product and wanted to know what some of ya'll thought about it. Criticisms are more than welcome.

http://itimebomb.com/MOVIES/holdemfull.mov

Shot with an XL1 in frame inside of a garage by the way. The only light was an overhead homemadee piece. A 250w clamp light mounted inside of a lampshade with foil in the inside. Ended up being pretty dramatic and not bad for just 1 light.
Old March 5th, 2005, 01:08 PM   #2
Regular Crew

aww comon 23 views and no comments?

even a boo-urns you suck would be ok
Old March 5th, 2005, 04:36 PM   #3
Major Player

I liked your lighting and concept. It's unfortunate that you overexposed certain shots that blow out the detail - you can't get that detail back. I'd say it looks very "video-like". If you'd shot it on an XL2 or DVX100, it would've looked far nicer.
Steev Dinkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2005, 05:02 PM   #4
Regular Crew

thanks for the reply. because of our lack of light we were shooting at 1.8 i think and didn't readjust when we were shooting the cards, which are totally blown out. believe it or not that's actually with some adjusting in post but any more would lose the table.
Old March 7th, 2005, 08:13 AM   #5
Regular Crew

I liked the energy and feel of it as well as the lighting. Although agree with the comments above.

Not sure I was convinced to buy the shoes though.
Geoffrey Engelbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2005, 01:02 PM   #6
Regular Crew

well what they were looking for wasn't exactly commercials. i was told no commercials, nothing that blatantly sells the product. instead make a 24 second short film and involve the shoes if you want. given the popularity of poker at the present time i thought it might work for them. thanks for the comments!
Old March 7th, 2005, 01:44 PM   #7
Major Player

You could have slowed the pace down, even if just a little bit, in order to create more suspense.

The lighting wasn't great, but worked decently.
Dave Ferdinand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2005, 01:44 AM   #8
Trustee

I liked it

Clever. Even though I knew it would have something to do with the shoes, I didn't expect the last shot to tie it together like that, and I liked it...and then I suddenly got the shot of the bare foot half-way through.
I liked it.
-J.
Jonathan Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2005, 01:47 PM   #9
Regular Crew

haha thanks. didn't know if the shoeless shot would work but it seemed like a good idea. doesn't really bulid suspense although the purpose of the shot was to show he's nervous about his bet.

anyways it had to weigh in at exactly 24 seconds no more or less, so building suspense was kinda difficult without sacrificing shots that helped build the "plot" or just looked cool. i appreciate the replies.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work