Pimp my Ride Parody - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old March 16th, 2005, 09:55 PM   #16
Major Player

"And giving out a number for MTV isn't a big conspiracy; it's not the CEO's personal cell phone number"

The numbers I found online were not general office numbers, they were specific extentions for people at MTV. Seeing as the numbers weren't posted to solicit submissions, I didn't want to post them.

I realize it isn't a big conspiracy John, it's just my preference.
Luis Caffesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2005, 09:57 PM   #17
Regular Crew

How old are you Brandon? I mean...I can't really disagree with your opinion and say "Nuh uhh! It is funny!" because obviously it is your opinion. But I honestly don't know what I could do to make it any more funny than it is, you know?

One of the actors posted the movie on a car modification message board and they ate it up, so to speak:
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1179357&page=1

Maybe DvInfo isn't the best audience for this type of movie? I guess I should have expected DvInfo to be better suited as a technical intensive territory than fans and critics watching the parody and liking it for the comedic aspects of it.

Thank you for the compliments though...This is my first try into a longer-type production, as I'm more accustomed to short films ranging from 2 and a half minutes to about 8 minutes. I'd say even it's at least technically similar to the show so it is a success in that regard.
Old March 17th, 2005, 07:56 AM   #18
Major Player

Actually,

I'm an 18 year old car nut: AutomotiveForums, Clublexus, JabbasWorld, DTMPower, ect.

I really wanted to find it funny, but I just didn't. All of the car jokes just seem so old and stale, but in all honesty I can't think of a funny way to actually carry out a Pimp My ride Parody. I guess the show is almost a parody of itself as it stands.

Maybe put all of your talent into some completely original car movies...

I found this to be incredibly hilarious... http://www.damnwerule.com/StreetRacingChronicles3.mpg (49mb)

Not to say I didn't appreciate the amount of work that went into your video. If it accomplished the goals you set for it then it was a success no matter what other people like me say.
Old March 17th, 2005, 10:15 AM   #19
Regular Crew

I'm sorry, but if you found Street Racing Chronicles 'hilarious' and my parody 'not funny at all' then you simply have a totally different sense of humor than I thought you would. I don't see how my parody is flat and stale when...I haven't ever seen a pimp my ride parody before...Not of the actual show, sure, Pimp My Computer, Pimp my whatever...but not a full show dedicated to it, nor have I ever seen a full parody of the actual show. It's ok I suppose, can't really please everyone and you're literally the first one who's said they don't like it just a matter of tastes I guess.
Old March 17th, 2005, 10:25 AM   #20
Major Player

No worries...
Nothing would be funny if we all had the same tastes.

But keep me informed of any new projects you do... I'd love to take a look.
Old March 17th, 2005, 10:56 AM   #21
Regular Crew

Thanks, I'll post them here as they come.
:)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work