Ideality - Your Perception of Reality Defines Your Reality - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old November 16th, 2006, 02:11 PM   #16
New Boot

Oh, totally. And believe me, most of the time I spend on scripts is just coming up with an original idea to begin with.

Which is WHY it's so hard to shrug off when someone says, "Oh! You just copied the Matrix!" "No, see, I remember my initial train of thought, and the influences that brought me to this story, and NONE of it had anything to do with the Matrix. In fact, if I'd even REMEMBERED the Matrix I probably would have changed it even more to resemble it less." I mean, IMO, Matrix wasn't even an INFLUENCE, as you said.

Although really, I've seen so many films accused of ripping of the Matrix that I dont' even care anymore.

And really, if you watch the movie, I think you'll agree that they're not that similar anyway.

That, and Ideality has a giant robotic spider with 5 legs.

Hope I'm not sounding defensive, you just bring up good points.
Ian Hubert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2006, 04:09 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Ian,
Just watched SBFP. Loved it!! Looks like you guys are having a great time doing it. Light hearted and fun. Refreshing.

I really liked the music as well.
Scott Tebeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2006, 08:00 PM   #18
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Hubert
Hope I'm not sounding defensive
You are, but that's normal when you speak to filmmakers. I didn't say your movie was a complete rip off the matrix, but there are certain elements that the Matrix is known for, sych as the effect of 360º camera turn slow mo etc, that you had some elements of, and immediately people will say the Matrix. If you don't care there isn't much I can say more.

Don't always expect all positive feedback when you post, since everyone won't agree. There are movies that people seem to really like that I find not very good, such as Wedding Crashers and the 40 Year Old Virgin. To each his own.

Last edited by Brian Duke; November 16th, 2006 at 09:11 PM.
Brian Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2006, 08:46 PM   #19
New Boot

Meh. Miscommunication. I can guarantee I have almost nil emotional connection to this movie (I did a couple years ago, when I made it). And I'd be the first to give negative feedback (excluding regarding copying the Matrix, which I've inexplicably considered an ultimate insult for about half a decade now.). Like the "Comedy/Drama" thing, it's something that's been on my mind a lot lately. Why DO films always seem to have to fit those catagories? A lot of my favorite films are those that mix genres. Not defensive, just something that's been on my mind.

Yeah, there are quite a few movies I like that other's don't , Kung Pow, The Matrix Sequels (admittedly just for the giant robots), Hellboy. And some examples I can't think of. Like UHF. And Fooly Cooly.

What am I saying? Everyone likes Fooly Cooly.

Hey Scott! Glad you liked SBFP. Yeah, the music composers for that blew my mind. Wilbert Roget II, btw, is always looking for work! He did a lot of the Ideality stuff too (including the main theme) along with Greg Michalec. They're amazing.

Last edited by Ian Hubert; November 16th, 2006 at 09:23 PM.
Ian Hubert is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work