"Murder Most Fowl" at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old March 15th, 2005, 05:28 PM   #1
Regular Crew

"Murder Most Fowl"

"Murder Most Fowl"

Story: A man seeks revenge against a giant chicken that killed his family.

Genre: Crime / Action / Comedy
Running Time: approx. 18 minutes

Download link (Quicktime 6 or higher needed, 82 mb)
Old March 18th, 2005, 01:41 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Bryan,
Love it. You guys do - stupid - really good. The “about us” on your website had me on the floor.

It is great to see a group so prolific and not taking themselves too seriously. Keep it up!
Scott Tebeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2005, 01:49 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Correction… I meant to say “cast and crew” -- not -- “about us”.
Scott Tebeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2005, 01:54 PM   #4
Wrangler

Quote:
"Macshaft" was our first short film, a so-called 'fan film' based on the movie "Shaft" and the Shakespearian tragedy "Macbeth." Our classmates seemed to like it and so did we, but this was only the beginning. Since then we've made upwards of 20 films and video projects in and around the Fresno area. And we aren't done yet...
Curious--myself and some friends also did a Macshaft, circa 1997 or 1998. In our version The Weird Sisters--sex phone operator hags--predicted that Macbeth could not be killed by any man "white woman born," but hero Macshaft "had a black momma." And Macshaft's "nine" was one of those three-hole punchers with a handle.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | The best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Robert Knecht Schmidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2005, 07:34 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Wow, Robert. That's really crazy. We're like... on the same wavelength of "stupid."

Scott...glad you enjoyed it!
Old March 24th, 2005, 12:29 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Anyone else watch?
Old March 24th, 2005, 03:43 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Yeah I watched it. I had to go out of town so I never got to post about it. So sorry about that. As always I just love your work. Your dialogue is so great. When he see the chicken holding his wife hostage, who in their right mind would think some one would say "dear god." But that's what great about it. Oh yes and you constant use of SOB and bastard was much enjoyed on this end. My only complaint with the story was the whole Mexican Prime Minister, it just didn't work really. And there are a bunch of little things but they aren't really relevant in light of what it seems you were trying to achieve. So in the end, keep it up. You guys have a lot of talent, and hopefully it will take you guys were you need to be so people besides DVinfo people and experience what you have to offer. Take care.
Lathe Austin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2005, 07:25 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Great fun!

In my opinion you should have taken the trouble to:

1) get some yellow feathers to drop in front of camera after chicken is fried on fence (Great gag btw.... Danger:High voltage... on the fence... lol)
2) Add some spark effects using Adobe After Effects (or other) when the chicken is frying on fence.

Loved to watch it, it´s a little remaining to go all the way to Hollywood, but the humor is great and I never get bored! GREAT WORK!
RED ONE #476
Eirik Tyrihjel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work