The Consumer (video project) - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old October 16th, 2002, 07:29 PM   #16
normbaits

oh and one more thing. what is render?
Old October 16th, 2002, 07:32 PM   #17
doctorxex

well aj, you spelled "wear" wrong, such a surprise.

i am much like thighpaulsandra in that i wear a cape and like to eat rainbows.
Old October 16th, 2002, 09:28 PM   #18
Major Player

Frame Mode Animation Test

I put together a VERY QUICK animation test, using Frame Mode. I basically shot two toy cars on a cardboard box, moving in opposite directions, then 'crashing'. I shot in frame mode and each 'movement' was two frames. I started at 10 frames, then cut to three frames, then to two.

The 'crash' consists of my two fingers on the rear bumpers of the cars (out of frame - but you can see a shadow - DOH) and pushing them down, causing the fronts to fly in the air. The sound fx are from a cheesy (but effective) CD program I bought for like ten bucks or so - 6000 Sound effects (it's actually been very helpful to me).

I was going to use this cheap fx generator to make an explosion, but it took so long to shoot and edit the test, that I decided against it.

I saved the project as Windows Media for Broadband and have it on a CD rom at 223k (about 5 seconds). I'll take it to work tomorrow (THUR), but not sure how to upload to a website so you can view it (if anyone is interested).

If I can't get it on a site, I apologize for wasting anyone's time. I want to try the same test using normal mode, then using frame grabs at a later date. Maybe tomorrow night or MON (I'm actually going to a two-day film school this weekend).

Then I'll be smart!

If anyone has any suggestion on how I can post this little test, I'm all ears.
Old October 17th, 2002, 07:30 AM   #19

Dave, I guess I'm getting too old. I didn't get it. Unless. . . you're saying this guy got burned out (literally) from "consuming" too much television. If that is the case, I think you might want to consider a second edit.
Jay Gladwell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work