DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Show Your Work (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/)
-   -   Barrel Racing Video (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/465356-barrel-racing-video.html)

Mike Watkins October 8th, 2009 11:07 PM

Barrel Racing Video

Hey crew,

I've been working on a promo website and video for a local barrel racer.

Here is the video I have put together for her.

The Rider

I would love any comments and criticisms regarding the video and, for that matter, the website.

I'm still adding to the website and tweaking here and there, so I would love any suggestions of additions I can insert to make it more functional and also if there are any browser issues on your end.

Thanks and let me know what you think.

Mike Watkins

Chris McMahon October 9th, 2009 12:24 AM

I would take out the slideshow thing about a minute into the video; seems out of place, and real slow-paced compared to the music.

Mike Watkins October 10th, 2009 05:51 PM

Updated link..

Link got broken with some of my site updates. Here is a working version:

The Rider

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Mike Watkins

Andrew Smith October 11th, 2009 06:27 AM

Actually the thing that sticks out most to me is that her face really lacks animation. It's as if her lips are moving and that's about it. Is it possible to get her to use more of her mouth when speaking?

Also, some close-ups of the animal being roped (when she is speaking about her father) would be really handy.

Andrew

Charles Mabry October 12th, 2009 12:02 PM

"priorities" sounds like the audio levels jump?

Angela Burchett October 13th, 2009 02:31 PM

I agree with the slide show being in a strange place... I would put it as an end with the music. Also, the "titles" show up in the middle, is there a way to insert one after the music video? Perhaps, "History?" Just a continuity thing with the producer in me.

Otherwise, I like what you have done. She is more than animated for a barrel racer! I have been a part of the equine world, so the video is spot-on and combined with her accomplishments, gives potential sponsors what they need.

Angela

Mike Watkins October 18th, 2009 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew Smith (Post 1430633)
Actually the thing that sticks out most to me is that her face really lacks animation. It's as if her lips are moving and that's about it. Is it possible to get her to use more of her mouth when speaking?

Also, some close-ups of the animal being roped (when she is speaking about her father) would be really handy.

Andrew

The interviewee was extremely nervous on camera. Had a hard time getting her loosened up. I think that's why she's a little stiff..As for the calf being roped, the footage was supplied by the client and had no closeups....

THanks for the advice.

Mike W.

Mike Watkins October 18th, 2009 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles Mabry (Post 1431095)
"priorities" sounds like the audio levels jump?

Thanks for the catch... I'm doing a once over on the video and will adjust the levels.

Mike W.

Mike Watkins October 18th, 2009 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angela Burchett (Post 1431711)
I agree with the slide show being in a strange place... I would put it as an end with the music. Also, the "titles" show up in the middle, is there a way to insert one after the music video? Perhaps, "History?" Just a continuity thing with the producer in me.

Angela

The slide show is partially there to reflect the fact that she has done some modeling for some western wear outfitters. I'm tempted to leave it in, strictly because this is important to the client Haven't finished out the modeling section of the website. I agree with the slide being needed. I may add one this week...

Thanks again for watching and offering suggestions....

Mike Watkins

Andrew Smith October 18th, 2009 08:49 PM

I can certainy undestand te stiffness and nervousness.

It's got me thinking .... was she mentally treating it as a 'photo session' where she also had to talk? eg. hold the pose and smiley expression but move the lips in order to do the talking.

Just thinking out aloud. Hope she does well, though.

Andrew