Destroying a Computer Server in Slow Motion - Red 4K, Sony EX1, Casio EX-F1 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old November 17th, 2009, 10:22 AM   #1
New Boot

Destroying a Computer Server in Slow Motion - Red 4K, Sony EX1, Casio EX-F1

YouTube - Shooting & Blowing up a Computer Server in Slow Motion #serverfailure - RED 4K & Casio EX-F1 [In HD]

This is a promo video for a company based near Dallas, TX. They do disaster data recovery and backup. I used the Casio EX-F1 for the 600fps footage, a DoP had his RED 4K shooting at 120fps, and I had a consumer Canon camera for the close up shots near the server as it's getting hit.

It was a very exciting project to work on. There are a lot of things I would do differently, but you learn from experience.

Jeremiah
Jeremiah Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2009, 11:58 AM   #2
Major Player

Wish I could do that to a few servers at work :-)
Rob Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2009, 05:29 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Certainly looks like an interesting film shoot.
Justin Tomchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2009, 06:36 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Like one of the commenters, I thought the service would recover data from the server. The ad confused me a bit - the server was completely destroyed, so how would the disaster recovery company help? Restoring a server from a backup isn't a task exclusively performed by any company, though data recovery is.
Daniel Bates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2010, 11:58 PM   #5
Regular Crew

@ Jeremiah

Dude, If business is ever slow, I'm sure there is a niche in the market for actually shooting and blowing up servers, I know Ive got 10+ everyday I think about throwing them of the top floor of the building :)

Nice shoot, I wish I had all that gear at my disposal...
Ryan Hansen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work