DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Show Your Work (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/)
-   -   Timelapse, Interval and Slow Motion in NY (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/468388-timelapse-interval-slow-motion-ny.html)

Daniel Epstein November 25th, 2009 05:01 PM

Timelapse, Interval and Slow Motion in NY

Check out this video I have on Vimeo. I wanted to test out some of the capabilities of my HPX500.

Daniel Epstein December 5th, 2009 08:14 AM

Digital Timelapse Piece

Here is a compendium of shots I have done with my Digital cameras. Some for fun some for profit. Thanks for looking

Daniel Epstein December 8th, 2009 10:41 PM

My partner Harvey Gold of Gold Teleproductions wanted me to add that you can find out more about our work at www.goldtele.com

Daniel Epstein December 8th, 2009 10:43 PM

My partner Harvey Gold of Gold Teleproductions wanted me to add that you can find out more about our work at
Gold Teleproductions | New York, New York.

Thanks for viewing

Daniel Epstein December 10th, 2009 06:10 PM

The previous two messages make more sense when the threads were separated. I must say it looks like most of the video views are coming from DVinfo net. Any questions anyone?

Daniel Epstein December 16th, 2009 12:20 PM

Both clips have been viewed (at least as Vimeo keeps count) over 250 times each. Thanks mostly to DVinfo Net

Daniel Epstein January 4th, 2010 09:29 AM

Happy New Year, Starting the count 347 Speed Me up 354 Time Sure Flies. Thanks for viewing

Paul Whittington January 4th, 2010 07:17 PM

Hey Daniel,
Great videos, you have some really great shots in them!
The car shots were my favorite (good amount of motion blur on them). What shutter speed did you use for those shots?

Yes, the lack of responses seems to be the norm for this section of DVinfo - I find it strange because if you post a question on any of the other forums on DVinfo you get a thousand answers. The last video I posted has 120 views and not a single response, lol.

Keep up the great time-lapse!

Daniel Epstein January 11th, 2010 08:52 AM

Hey Paul,
I don't mind the no comments viewers but the comments are more fun. Sorry I didn't check in to see yours for a week. Glad you liked it
It is hard to say exactly which shutter speed I used without going back to the original data for each shot but I can tell you I tried to make them as long as possible while still being able to get a good exposure on the subject. Two seconds or more would often make the blur last long enough to go all the way through the frame. Longer if possible but I had to make it shorter than the interval between shots. One camera I used was usually set at 10 second interval and 1 was set at 5 second interval sometimes less.
The Speed Me Up Slow Me Down video is done with the HPX-500 so it doesn't have quite as much flexibility in the exposure lengths as the digital still cameras within the interval but I haven't tried it out at night enough to see if it can be made to look the same.

Aaron Paul January 13th, 2010 05:59 PM

Great stuff. I have always enjoyed timelapse style videos.

Daniel Epstein January 15th, 2010 06:01 PM

Thanks Aaron. I see we are fellow Nyers. let me know if you have any questions.

David Nibeck January 15th, 2010 06:37 PM

Really nice. I aspire to shot video like this. I would have posted sooner but it took a couple of weeks to get privileges.

Daniel Epstein January 20th, 2010 09:20 AM

Hey David,
Welcome to DVinfo net. Lots of good info here.

Daniel Epstein March 11th, 2010 05:27 PM

A recently added non timelapse piece from way back