8 second intro/logo for my production company at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old December 5th, 2009, 10:31 AM   #1
New Boot

8 second intro/logo for my production company

Hello everyone!

I have just made a intro/logo for my production company i'm starting up right now.

Let me know what you think of it!

Erik Andersson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2009, 12:00 PM   #2
Trustee

This is very subjective, but I think you cover too much physical space very fast, making it dizzying. I would maybe start just above the water's surface, then submerge. Or, find a transition, maybe a dissolve, that lets your move between the two. Or, start black and slide up to a partial surface shot then continue sliding to make the underwater visible.

Also, I'd like to see the logo develop at mid-screen and perhaps dissolve in or use a shimmering effect. Just one man's opinion.
Old December 5th, 2009, 12:22 PM   #3
New Boot

If i would make a dissolve between the above and underwater, wouldn't that ruin the awsome dolly through the surface, wich is in my opinion, the best with the video.

In my first version i started just above the surface and then went down. And then in the water I kind of fog-faded in the logo i a organic way.

But I wasn't happy with that result so i did this version 2.

What I want to show with this video is, no matter how bad and stormy weather it is above the surface, everything is nice and unaffected underneath.
Erik Andersson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2009, 01:45 PM   #4
Trustee

You're right, the disolve wouldn't work for going from surface to underwater. How about the slide from bottom? Again, I'm just throwing out an opinion. There's lots of people here with more expertise and experience. Just because I live where ESPN is, doesn't really instill me wiith any skill or knowledge. :)

My idea was that since the water appears to slide up (pedestal down) that starting from black, sliding up to surface water, then down as you did, might look good. I want to see the logo longer too.
Old December 6th, 2009, 07:17 AM   #5
Major Player

I like that idea very much but feel the overall time is way too short. I think if you doubled it it wouldn't appear to be so fast allowing it to sink in before it ended. Just my 2 cents.
Paul Inglis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2009, 12:44 PM   #6
Regular Crew

It's a great concept, but I think my problem with it is that it doesn't go very deep. It feels like you're in a swimming pool, and not the vast open ocean. You may want to lose the ocean floor and just have the title come out of the murk. Or maybe use kelp to signify the calmness beneath the surface? The floor takes away the epic scope for me.
Nick Harris is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work