Guerrilla Music Video at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old June 28th, 2005, 12:45 PM   #1
Trustee

Guerrilla Music Video

Thought I would post this as some encouragement for those with limited resources and budgets. This is NOTHING FANCY but literally had ZERO budget. A friend and editor that I use knew I was in town and called me one Saturday Morning. He told me his band had to have a music video to send out by Monday night and they were shooting it THAT DAY. When I asked about the treatment, he laughed and said there was none, all they had was a stock XL1s, a smoke machine and a shopping cart!

I played along and shot for most the day, all handlheld, all by the seat of my pants. He edited all night and all day Sunday and sent it off to their label on Monday.

Very 80's, no story, all natural light but...errr... interesting!

ash =o)

http://www.admiraltwin.com/attv2.html
Ash Greyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2005, 01:12 PM   #2
Capt. Quirk

Sorry Ash, but I hate Real Player and couldn't watch. It does sound like you had a fun time though.
Old June 28th, 2005, 01:13 PM   #3

Which simply proves that you don't need a ship load of money to make a music video (or anything else for that matter).

Nicely done!

Jay
Jay Gladwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2005, 02:20 PM   #4
Regular Crew

very impressive
Rafal Krolik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2005, 03:00 PM   #5
Trustee

I HATE Real too... not my choice since it is hosted on the band's site.. I have some shots from it in my reel I am putting together. We found this open building right as the sun was hitting and it was GORGEOUS, there is a quick shot of some guys walking with a suitcase in the video thru the building... The shot in my reel is longer...

ash =o)
Old June 28th, 2005, 06:40 PM   #6
Major Player

What do you need (in regards to web hosting space) to show off a Quicktime or Windows Media version?

I would like to view it, but refuse to load Real Player. If you convert to another player I'll host it.
RED ONE #977
Daniel Patton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2005, 06:48 PM   #7
Capt. Quirk

It's a shame... Real is a good codec, but the crap that comes with the player ruins it.
Old June 28th, 2005, 10:48 PM   #8
Major Player

Excellent video, was alot more professional than I had expected given the circumstances you were put under. I especially like all the video to artwork transistions. I kinda saw a Beastie Boys "Sabotage" influence in there.
Matt Champagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2005, 01:12 AM   #9
Trustee

I am just linking to the band's site... I will ask him for a better version so I can recompress... Thanks for the Beastie Boys ref, that is one of my fav videos... I would love to do one with more planning in that style....

ash =o)
Old June 29th, 2005, 10:38 PM   #10
Regular Crew

For all those who don't like real player there's "Real Alternative"

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/...lternative.htm

I use it fine to watch real videos, streaming or download.

jacob
Jacob Walker is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work