What your Highest Viewership Film on YouTube ? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old January 11th, 2010, 06:37 PM   #1
Inner Circle

What your Highest Viewership Film on YouTube ?

I receive a notice from YouTube about one of my films being eligible for revenue sharing. So I am curious what other people have reached in viewership on their highest films

At this writing, this film is at about 25,000 views:

YouTube - Homecoming

I shot it because some of us here were not getting enough practice so there was a little unofficial DV Info challenge with the theme anticipation.

Let us know which of your films are doing well.
Old January 11th, 2010, 11:15 PM   #2
Major Player

Very nice film Chris. The narration was very clear and compelling.
I've got a short on Exposureroom up to about 2,000. Nowhere near this quality of work.
Bill Thesken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2010, 11:37 PM   #3
Major Player

Great film.

I've never looked into the revenue sharing...maybe I should.

A music video I entered for a contest is at 33,000. I don't want to link it because it sucks lol. It only got that many hits because people were searching for the official video, I'm sure.

Some actual video work I did for the same band is up around 40,000 last I checked (in only a few months), but that is on their channel and not mine.

Another music video I did is at around 16,000.
Wade Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2010, 01:26 AM   #4
Trustee

I shot a talking head interview with a lady 2 years ago, who had a near death experience and talked angels and stuff. I broke it down into 7 parts, as it was around a hour. The first part was watched 401,755 times as of today. Collectively the total views are over 1.2 million. They send me notices about rev sharing but I'd have to share it myself so I figured it's not worth it, though I've never looked into it. Funny thing was, there was only 6 people in the audience when I filmed it.
Old January 13th, 2010, 06:46 AM   #5
Equal Opportunity Offender

Ken,

Your link to the video(s) on YouTube?

Andrew
Andrew Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2010, 02:38 PM   #6
Trustee

Hey Andrew,

you asked for it. This is the first part and it will lead you to the other parts if you're interested. The quality is pretty suspect (WB is off - I'm not sure what's with the aspect ratio right now, I originally put it up there when YT was 4:3 (as I recall)).

YouTube - Shelley Yates-Fire the Grid-Part 1
Old January 14th, 2010, 03:16 AM   #7
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Barcellos View Post
Let us know which of your films are doing well.
YouTube - The Art of Henna with Riffat

Such a shame I can't now upload a 720p version to replace the current 'Old Style' YT without losing all the hits. As soon as it hits 100k, I'll be happy.

I did this one as a freebie - and now I'm working on the full-on paid for version, but somehow I don't think it's going to be 1/10th as good as the stakeholders pour in their ideas and the simplicity and clarity is lost.

YT success seems, IMHO, to be around identifying a need in the YT community and fulfilling that need in an unpretentious, funny and/or clever way. Having said that, I'm aware of how many agencies are employing cheap labour to sit and trawl through YT content for cool ideas to rip off.

I remember seeing an article which contained one particular example: somebody had put together an interesting video with people doing motion graphics by holding placards over their head whilst doing stuff on a trampoline - overhead camera shot. Soon after, there's a YT video doing the same sort of thing for a car commercial.

Now, imagine I showed you a clever viral video for a car commercial. Wow. Then I show you a slightly lamer version (using YT vernacular). Is that a copycat? So, which came first? Who cares? Well, if you produced the original video and didn't get even an email regarding the agency version, you probably can't afford the lawyers so good luck on the internet shaming campaign.

The corollary to this are the rare examples like 'Where in the world is Matt' spin-offs, where a corporate entity chooses to extend somebody's idea.

Sorry, ranting about viral video mainly because am in fog of 'man-flu', deep in a nest of used tissues and feeling very sorry for self.
Old January 14th, 2010, 04:23 AM   #8

Your wish has been granted. Be happy.

Andrew
Andrew Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 05:22 AM   #9
Regular Crew

I have over 170,000 views for this one:

YouTube - Foreplay/Long Time (Jon's One Man Band Boston Cover)

I've wondered about doing the revenue thang. Probably shoulda jumped on that before this one went semi-nuts.
Old January 16th, 2010, 11:34 PM   #10
Inner Circle

Best I have is 17,200 for a mute demo of the Peleng 8mm f3.5 Fisheye on AGUS35/SONY HVR-Z1P which the vendors link to on their website.

YouTube - AGUS35 APVE TO HVR-Z1P DEMO. - PELENG FISHEYE.
Bob Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2010, 12:59 PM   #11
Regular Crew

I use Vimeo rather than YouTube, but my two highest are...

12.4k for this video:
11K for this video:
Chris McMahon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2010, 10:09 PM   #12

My highest is 16k and counting on Vimeo for a video of what is coming up in the next version of the Joomla content management system software for doing web sites with.

Joomla is an open source software application for running web sites that are easy to update.

Andrew Eddie (and plenty of others) has been hard at building Joomla 1.6 and gave a presentation on the changes and new features for the CMS. Watch now to see where Joomla is headed.
Andrew Smith is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work