5D Feature Narrative Premiering at Cinequest at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old January 28th, 2010, 03:25 AM   #1
New Boot

5D Feature Narrative Premiering at Cinequest

Just wanted to let everyone know that our feature film, Bummer Summer (Previously title Land of the Lost - I shared a fundraising trailer here about 9 months ago) will be premiering at CInequest Film Festival in San Jose. We're pretty excited about it. It was shot all on the 5D which we bought lost spring to shoot the film, and filmed everything in Washington and Oregon during the summer. Our budget ended up under 7,000, almost all of which went to equipment. If you feel inclined, we would love you to check out our new website to see trailers and/or more information.

Cinequest's Bummer Summer Page: Cinequest : Film Festival : Bummer Summer

Bummer Summer Site: Bummer Summer

Hope this is interesting,

Nandan Rao
Nandan Rao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2010, 04:22 AM   #2
Major Player

First and foremost, you deserve a hearty congratulations for running the distance. Most people lack the gall and tenacity to complete a feature film. Secondly, they usually aren't able to get it into a festival.

Here are couple of thoughts:

1. When I went to your website to check out the trailer, I noticed how extremely slowly it was loading. I'd really recommend that you hosted it on Vimeo or YouTube to avoid the long wait time. In this day and age most people just bail if it takes that long and you don't gain much with hosting a large trailer QuickTime file from your site (other than content control).

2. Content of trailer: Although I could feel the tone of the film from the trailer -- I couldn't get a sense of the story. Granted that's a moot point because you've already gotten into a successful film festival. Congratulations on that by the way.

3. I like the choice of black-and-white. It gives the footage a definite artistic feel. On the flip side, 30P was shining through on most movement. Did you do any processing to drop 30 down to 24?

If you have the stomach for it, you should prepare press kit before you go to the festival. Also, see if you can get someone from the news media to write an article about you and this effort. It will help you to potentially land a distribution deal.

-C
Christopher Drews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2010, 11:42 AM   #3
Major Player

Congrats on the Premier!

(Wish this post had stayed in the 5D forum, where 5D people would be more likely to see it ((since it was shot on a 5D)), but I'm sure there were reasons beyond my ken.)
Matthew Roddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2010, 01:10 PM   #4
Trustee

The clip 1 & 2 only provide sound without vision when I download from the website. Maybe as Christopher remarks, it would be better to display via Vimeo or Youtube for better download and higher numbers of viewers.
Old January 31st, 2010, 06:35 PM   #5
Major Player

The trailers did not play at all for me...
Kevin Spahr is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work