first wedding edit - "constructive" feedback please at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old February 1st, 2010, 03:24 PM   #1
Regular Crew

first wedding edit - "constructive" feedback please

Steven Arbiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2010, 08:27 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Steven,

I took the time to watch work short of the wedding video. You have some good shots to be sure.

Were I to critique it (and I do shoot weddings myself) I would first avoid the zoom. a bit to much, to fast and slightly abrupt and not as smooth as it should be. Zoom can be good but I would recomend getting a a varizoom VZ Rock controller or its equivalent. It will really help.
Far to many flash wipe transitions, almost distracting. A flash tyupe transition(to me) is used to bring emphesis to the next Sequence, like the vows or such after pulling back from the parents in the audience.

some of the footage was far to shakey.

the audio (which I to find the most difficult aspect) should be more consistant thoughout the video. Perhaps a bit more ambient audio and less sound track, but that would be your call, just a thought. we all think different.

Lastly I think there were some scene changes where you needed to do some color correction to bring the different shots closer to each outher in exposure and color.

I would like to end on the note that I did enjoy watching it! The children doing performances was really neat to see.

I also realize that this was not the entire video.

I hope sharing the aforementioned will be taken as only ideas for you to bounce off of.

Dale Guthormsen

Northern Lights Media
Old February 7th, 2010, 08:39 PM   #3
Regular Crew

thank you dale. Excellent feedback. Just what I needed to hear.

I'll probably just cut the zooming down and work on my color correction.

I just got a steadicam and slider so I have more options now.
Steven Arbiu is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work