DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Show Your Work (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/)
-   -   stadium (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/47567-stadium.html)

Michal Gutowski July 12th, 2005 06:48 AM

stadium

Download / unpack / watch in fullscreen

http://www.exnihil.org/stadium/
shooted on DVX100

Jay Gladwell July 12th, 2005 07:45 AM

Bravo!

Very unique, very well done and certainly an unexpected twist at the end! The singular problem I saw was the sound of thumps of his hitting his head against the wall appeared to me to out of sync with the picture. Other than that, it was excellent!

Jay

Ash Greyson July 12th, 2005 01:46 PM

Love the look... obtuse but intriguing. Nice work...

ash =o)

Dave Ferdinand July 12th, 2005 02:03 PM

Had seen this in DVXUser already... very artistic. Thumbs up!

Peter Wiley July 12th, 2005 03:07 PM

Very good, and dare I say, very Polish.

Ahmet Ilhan July 13th, 2005 07:35 AM

well perfect to the smallest bit except for one thing.

the baby/guy's move to the hole could be a match for a normal birth but in the end what we saw is a caesarean birth.

I expected the guy to be pulled out from above from where the light is coming.

but you cant always match resources (in this case the ability to shoot a normal birth) can you

Michal Gutowski July 13th, 2005 08:34 AM

Normal birth is very hard to take.
Normal birth may take up to 8 hours... Besides we was waiting for agreement from mother side... Several doctors in 6 hospitals was looking for patient that could agree for recording...

it's take 6 months of research that could anyone sign an agreement...

And i don't see cause that sould be normal birth. I get a hard restrictions where can i stand and how far i can go to object. Blood this woman was on camera and on my special chirurgical clothes.

Matt Champagne July 14th, 2005 02:47 AM

I'm still downloading and haven't watched yet but....you went through the trouble of filming a live birth? Was that really necessary? Not all that hard to fake...unless you just wanted to do it as an artist thing or something.

edit: Just watched it...Very very well done. Loved the colors and the sound design. A bit undecided about my previous comment...the few shots of a real birth really carried alot of the frantic energy of the real event...made for a very dramatic ending. Still if it had been me...I would have faked it...but I'm also lazy lol.

Dave Ferdinand July 14th, 2005 11:53 AM

I think letting people that haven't watched the film know about the baby is a major spoiler...

Also, moaning about the baby brith being a cesarian is just silly. The point of the movie has nothing to do with that at all. Oh well, there's always one...

Ahmet Ilhan July 14th, 2005 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Ferdinand
I think letting people that haven't watched the film know about the baby is a major spoiler...

Also, moaning about the baby brith being a cesarian is just silly. The point of the movie has nothing to do with that at all. Oh well, there's always one...

Why would I be moaning. And You didnt really read Michal's answer did you. He says the reason he shot ceaserean is that he could not shoot a normal birth.(I assume you know the difference between a normal birth and ceaserean. )

And sorry for spoilling it for you. next time you can watch it before reading comments. that helps

Dave Ferdinand July 14th, 2005 06:41 PM

I had watched it on another site, so I wasn't affected by people's comments in this thread. It wasn't a personal complaint. The fact is that many people watch the movies based on the comments they read. If everyone is saying it stinks, or it's boring than many will skip the download.

About the cesarean, it doesn't matter why he shot it that way, my point is that it doesn't influence the film in any way. Why bring up an irrelevant issue?

That's all.

Daniel Patton July 14th, 2005 08:59 PM

I'm glad I didn't read before watching, as it was not spoiled for me. Lucky.

As for the short... wow, well worth the download, more so considering it was DV and likely a little to no budget. The birth...thank God he was not lazy and fake it, nice touch.

WELL done! Thanks for sharing.

Ahmet Ilhan July 15th, 2005 02:42 AM

yes it influence from my point of view.

there is a metaphor in the film.
it is about a guy's loneliness in a small wet room/cell.
he tries to communicate with outside even try to exit from a dark hole but in the end he waits until a certain moment.
in the end he pushes himself to the hole and sees the light in the end.

at the end we understand that the guy was a baby in his mothers womb.

but wait! all the dark hole, light at the end of the tunnel metaphors vanishes.

and the baby comes out of a operation cut at his mothers abdomen and now we know that the baby never gone through the dark hole/light at the end of tunnel never happened.

I do not comment on these films as a craftsman but as a spectator.
so as a spectator I see that things do not fit together whatever the quality of the film is.

This is the relevance and it is to the heart of the issue.

Michal Gutowski July 15th, 2005 03:01 AM

Have you ever heard about life after life? or death?
you remember sometimes things, pictures that you cannot explain...

That's why this guy is adult. All of this is metaphor...

Ahmet Ilhan July 15th, 2005 04:54 AM

well I did not think of reincarnation, when I watch the film but I thought the film challenged the general assumption that the babies are passive creatures waiting to become "real persons"

I guess this film is a solid way to present the reincarnation idea.