Cockington Court, Torbay, UK - Sony Z5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old April 2nd, 2010, 10:51 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Cockington Court, Torbay, UK - Sony Z5

Hi all, just thought I'd share this video I created for fun of Cockington Court in Torbay a few weeks ago. The weather was finally nice enough to spend the day outside so decided to take the opportunity.

It was shot on a Sony HVR-Z5, Libec LS38 Tripod and edited with Sony Vegas Pro 9 and first attempt at using Magic Bullet Looks.

Please feel free to comment.

Thanks!
Jonathan Palfrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2010, 07:17 AM   #2
Trustee

Nice.
Makes me want to get out and do some shooting.

Paul.
Old April 4th, 2010, 08:12 AM   #3
Trustee

Bang on!

Well shot, Jonathan. Looks like the introduction to some great epic.

There's a funny optical illusion at about 0' 37" where the house appears to be squint, like Châtelherault near where I stay Overview of Chatelherault Hunting Lodge but actually your levelling was almost bang on (I checked from a screenshot, boring guy that I am!). At first I had thought your tripod was off level (apologies) but it seemed to be an unlikely technical slip in such an accomplished piece of work.
Colin McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2010, 06:16 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Thank you very much guys,

Yeah I noticed the building looks off in screen shot despite the tripod being pretty much level. Like you said must be a bit of an optical illusion going on. Its probably a combination of not being dead centre to the building from a long distance away.
Jonathan Palfrey is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work