Client Testimonial video I shot at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old April 28th, 2010, 08:59 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Client Testimonial video I shot

Hey guys,

If you don't mind checking this out, I'd love some feedback.

Running time is just under 3 minutes. Tried to keep it short and sweet, had lot of left over footage. I already know the lighting is pretty poor for the 2nd customer testimonial, Chrystal. Other than that, anything that needs improvement?

Scott
Scott Hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2010, 11:41 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Oh, and I guess it would help to include an equipment list... 2 Canon HV30's, one with Brevis35 adapter. Audio was a Rode NTG2, close mic'd on a boom pole, into an Zoom H4n.
Old April 28th, 2010, 06:21 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Black and White

I liked the video overall but my only comment or question would be about the two black and white spots.

It didn't seem to add anything and just felt out of place.
Mike Brice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2010, 08:12 PM   #4
Regular Crew

To be honest, I wasn't too sure about keeping them in. We haven't turned in the final version yet, this was our version to show to the client to see if they liked it. They loved it, said they wanted to do another video right away, and said that they felt like they got a good deal! (and to think, I was nervous I was charging too much).

The reason was that we shot those angles with the bare HV30, and the footage definitely looked different than the Brevis footage. It was more or less to disguise the fact that the footage didn't match up very well.

I think for future projects, I will position the bare HV further back and zoom in. Since it's just static shots anyway, it won't pose any problems having the camera further away, and it should soften the image, or background at least a little.

Thanks for checking it out Mike!
Old April 28th, 2010, 11:51 PM   #5
Equal Opportunity Offender

In the beginning of the video, there is a distortion in the instrument that is part of the music bed ... and it really grates me.

Any chance of swapping out the music bed for something better?

Andrew
Andrew Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2010, 01:06 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Andrew, had a guy record that for us and we already paid him. I never had any problem with it. Did anyone else notice it? Are you talking about an intentional distortion in the guitar, or something like a glitch in the file? We could have him work on it if it's a serious problem, but probably won't mess with it if it's just a personal preference about the guitar tone.

Thanks for the heads up Andrew,

Scott
Old April 29th, 2010, 03:37 AM   #7
Equal Opportunity Offender

It's an intentional distortion in the early stages of the music. It kinda got my back up a bit, such that I wasn't really listening to the content of what was being said ... and for a little while longer, too.

Mind you, I was listening with headphones and couldn't really escape it.

Andrew
Andrew Smith is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work