This week's video at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old April 30th, 2010, 03:00 AM   #1
Regular Crew

This week's video

I shot this last Saturday evening. It was a perfect night as far as Scottish weather goes. I wanted to try some more low light High Dynamic Range Time lapse.

I did do about an hour's worth of the clouds passing the Castle - to make around 60 seconds of video (3 shots per frame at 1 second intervals). However, when I got home I realised I had moved the camera (as the tide was coming in) and bumped the ISO up to 12800 which of course ruined the shot with too much noise. There were enough shots of the other scenery and 6 seconds of the time lapse; enough to piece together this short film.

Lenses are:

SIGMA 17-35mm F2.8-4 aspherical lens canon fit F/2.8-4 (vignettes @ 2.8 and below 18mm)
Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III USM LENS 75-300 mm (vignettes @ 4.5mm and above 280mm)
Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Lens

Also had to do a lot of dust removal in this shoot with the Adobe DNG software as there was matter on the sensor. I used Quicktime to split the 5D mov files into frames and then the spot removal tool in DNG - this also gave me a chance to do some sharpening and colour enhancement in a better way than afforded in the standard Avid Media Composer Colour Correction (I've discovered it's a great way to get amazing results if you have the time and are light on the vibrance and saturation sliders).

I am still too heavy handed on the Photomatrix Tone Mapping, and having trouble focussing with the rear screen - a Z-Finder is needed.

Any comments welcome. This is the third edit - having re-worked it with feedback from the family so I do take feedback on board.

With regards Jeff
Jeff Murray is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work