funny Tourism video - (Canon 7D) at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old July 5th, 2010, 01:45 PM   #1
Major Player

funny Tourism video - (Canon 7D)

I was contracted by the tourism board in my city (Longmont, CO USA) to shoot and edit a couple of ~3 minute "viral" videos in and around the city to promote travel here. Our hero, Thrillseeker Lance, the "most exciting tourist in the world", bumbles his way through.

Here's the first episode:
YouTube - Visit Longmont: Adventures of Thrillseeker Lance Volume 1

I shot this with my 7D and Tamron 17-50/2.8 VC on a home-built shoulder rig.

Thanks for watching, and the board would welcome any feedback or critique,
Brian Brown
BrownCow Productions
BrownCow Productions - Affordable Full-Service Video Production serving Longmont, Boulder, Denver and the Northern Colorado Front Range
Brian Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2010, 12:35 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I enjoyed it, but I can only wonder if golf was the best choice? After all it is hardly unique to Colorado. The only other thing I can think of is should there be some kind of sound effects in the background? Of the golf swing, airplane noises, horses clopping up along etc.?
Colin Sato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2010, 01:00 PM   #3
Major Player

Thanks for the feedback, Colin. The board and I appreciate it.

I think that golf was pretty much a requirement for inclusion in the video, since that's what they feel like visitors come to Longmont to do. Or, at least, they want to promote it.

The Foleys are an awesome suggestion, and I'd like to incorporate them in the next episode.

My original edit was a "silent movie" version with ragtime music and some old film treatment. A scriptwriter got involved at some point and included the voiceover pieces. I'm still not certain which piece was stronger, though.

Next up, we're doing a hot rod festival, brewpub hop, and some museums and cultural locations with Lance. Adding Foleys to these will be a lot of fun.

Thanks again,
Brian Brown
BrownCow Productions
Brian Brown is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work