Softball! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old July 23rd, 2010, 03:04 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Softball!

YouTube - 2010 Rock and Jock Softball - 1

Sometimes it's fun to think up a good song and put together a short little intro for a video....this dance beat for home improvement seemed to fit perfectly :).

I'm curious on what you think of my first try at using the Sony AX2000 in a live shooting enviroment turned out...good first effort, or bad?

It's allot heavier than my older camera, and that took some getting used to....I also couldn't hook up my old tripod remote to it, so I had to find some way to both turn the tripod and use camera zoom at the same time. I eventually wound up leaving it at a long angle view, zooming in and out only when needed....

But the video quality is certainly smoother when doing pans that's for sure...
Old July 26th, 2010, 04:26 AM   #2
Regular Crew

No expert and I maybe cannot do better

I enjoyed the content of our video it's funny and entertaining. Some of the playing about in the game is very good.

Although I found the video struggled to keep up with the speed of your pans. Maybe its the youtube flash but the playback is not good for sports action lots of ghosting and trails. Can you set the shutter speed on you camera? I would speed it up a bit.

Recently I shot a running race on my Canon 5D and used 1/1250th - some said it would make the video stutter and is too fast a speed to use. However it did play back reasonably smoothly and with no trails or ghosts. The recommendation for 24p is 1/48th - however I think for sport faster is necessary.

Sports in progressive mode video. But just a suggestion - a faster shutter speed. I am sure the pro's will offer other tips.

Overall a good video of some good action.

Regards

Jeff
Jeff Murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2010, 01:30 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Hello Jeff...never been, but love glasgow, grandfathers home town :). His old house is still there from 1910 :).

I never noticed the ghosting...but when you take a close look at it, you're right, it's there.
I shot this in 1080/24P, so if anoyne knows of a way to fix it's rendering for youtube, please fill me in :)

Thanks!
Old July 28th, 2010, 02:18 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Grandfather

Hello Neil

I don't have any knowledge of your camera's settigns so cannot help. For my camera I would increase the shutter speed.

Whereabouts was your Grandfather from in Glasgow?

With regards

Jeff
Jeff Murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2010, 10:07 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Not sure of the exact area, but it was an apartment looking complex in the photo I saw last....he hailed form Port Glasgow..
Old August 2nd, 2010, 06:12 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Flat

Ok Port Glasgow is down the Clyde a bit from me - I am central or south. Was going to get a recent pic for you but I don't get to Port Glasgow much.

Regards

Jeff
Jeff Murray is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work