Dirty On Purpose music video - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old July 28th, 2005, 03:24 PM   #16
Major Player

Jake,

Really nice... the feel of the video matched the song very well. The pacing was nice, the shots were nice, everything worked. I don't have much constructive to say because I just got lost in watching it :). The great thing is that it was actually really few setups, but didn't feel that way.

The only thing that I wanted was something that established the singer behind the drum kit. It took me a while to figure out that he was playing the drums and that confused me a little bit. I also, by the end, found myself wanting one or two moving shots - dolly, pan, zoom, something.

Anyway, keep it up and keep posting.
Old July 28th, 2005, 06:08 PM   #17
Regular Crew

just trying to ease the tension, baby...

i don't think GB wants to know the settings, but sure i'll divulge anyway:

all the same stuff dvfilm.com says to use. oh except master ped was -10, i think i can't remember.
George Su is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2005, 07:44 AM   #18
Regular Crew

You always ease my tension Georgey Worgey! Totaliment Gai! Thanks for revealing your super secret ninja camera settings.

Barry, thats the nicest thing anyone has said about it yet and I really really appreciate it!

Yeah, I know what you mean, belive me. It was a small room, with a crowd of people no less, and I would have liked to move around more too. There are 3 dolly shots in there of the couples though if you look closesly, but those are the only ones. Such is life in low-budget music video land.

Thanks again!
Jake Hensberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2005, 05:34 PM   #19
Trustee

I liked that one a lot more than the GFJD video. Song is better too, good job....

ash =o)
Ash Greyson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work