DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Show Your Work (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/)
-   -   Check out my new Wedding teaser!!!! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/show-your-work/485972-check-out-my-new-wedding-teaser.html)

George Pada October 11th, 2010 10:44 AM

Check out my new Wedding teaser!!!!

Please feel free to comment!
Any feedback will be appreciated!!

Thanks

John Lorince October 11th, 2010 10:21 PM

Love it

Nice work, they really had many beautiful locations there where you shot. Did you have a steadicam ?

George Pada October 12th, 2010 12:59 AM

Thanks.
I have a stesdicam. It's just a Merlin but it gets the job done!

Sophie Bucks October 22nd, 2010 05:46 AM

Lovely wedding video makes me want to go on holiday

Wedding Video Wedding Videos

Bruce Phung October 22nd, 2010 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by George Pada (Post 1577859)
Thanks.
I have a stesdicam. It's just a Merlin but it gets the job done!

Very nice video. Wow, new bride/groom runs to the swimming pool that is cool. Specfically what model Merlin steadicam are you using?

Sophie Bucks October 31st, 2010 11:33 AM

I meant to ask. When you use the steadi, have you got a second camera operator. Or are you able to come on and off the steadi without the clients becoming distracted?

Wedding Video London Wedding Videos London

George Pada October 31st, 2010 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sophie Bucks (Post 1583893)
I meant to ask. When you use the steadi, have you got a second camera operator. Or are you able to come on and off the steadi without the clients becoming distracted?

Wedding Video London Wedding Videos London

Sophie,
we are 2 operators so when I do steadicam shots the other one performs close-ups or b-roll cut-away shots in order to avoid having me as I move in his frame.

Sophie Bucks November 8th, 2010 09:42 AM

Thanks George. Do you have any advise for us as we are going to use a steadi with a Z7 for the first time this weekend to shoot a Hindi wedding video

Wedding Video Wedding Videos Wedding Video London Wedding Videos London

George Pada November 9th, 2010 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sophie Bucks (Post 1585933)
Thanks George. Do you have any advise for us as we are going to use a steadi with a Z7 for the first time this weekend to shoot a Hindi wedding video

Wedding Video Wedding Videos Wedding Video London Wedding Videos London

Only a 3 things:
1. Make sure that the drop time of the steadicam's post is arround 2 sec (drop time is when you lift the bottom of the post to horizontal position and then you let it fall back)
2. Use a wide angle adapter if you are doing this for the first time.
3. I'm really jealous!!!!! I would love to shoot a Hindi wedding myself!!! :-)

Cheers!

Sophie Bucks November 10th, 2010 07:50 AM

Thanks George, I will pass that on. As for Hindi weddings they go over 2 days and can run to 15hrs for just 1 of those days. So we are talking some tired camera ops. Although I must say that the food is usually amazing and so is the dress and the dancing.
Thanks again for the tips

Wedding Video Wedding Videos Wedding Videographer Wedding Video London Wedding Videos London