A Short Movie I Have Been Working On.. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old October 24th, 2010, 05:35 AM   #1
New Boot

A Short Movie I Have Been Working On..

A few sessions with some talented local surfers. Shot with a Cannon HF200 Edited with Sony Vegas Pro 9 Colour graded with Magic Bullet Looks. Please let me know what you think!

Chase Galbraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2010, 12:08 AM   #2
Regular Crew

It watches very well, great job. Filming of the surfers is superb. One thing that could use a bit more work is the cuts between surfing scenes: you show plenty of randomly filmed nature views. They certainly help in breaking the monotony of showing only surfing action (even though there is nothing monotonous about surfing!). Although these nature cuts are nice, well, they appear randomly chosen, and are not a strong part of your film.
In any case, great work.

Last edited by Stanley Szpala; October 29th, 2010 at 09:45 PM.
Stanley Szpala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2010, 03:38 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Is this Western Australia? Nice place wherever it is.. Good surfers.

How long is your lens? I think you need more tele.
Brian Luce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2010, 04:24 AM   #4
New Boot

Thankyou very much guys, greatly appreciated.
This was actually for a school project and the movie length had to be of five minutes, unfortunately I didnt have five minutes of high quality surfing, so you are defiently right in saying they randomly picked because they were I like to refer to them as fillers cause that is all they were doing haha. Fancy you say that, I just bought a brand new tele lens recently, hopefully that solves that problem. I will have more to post soon thanks for your help guys.

Chase
Chase Galbraith is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work