Shotgun shoots at a wine bottle: 60 fps plus 420 fps at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old November 10th, 2010, 01:36 AM   #1
Tourist

Shotgun shoots at a wine bottle: 60 fps plus 420 fps

Hey everyone,

I really would like to share my last production with my 7D. A shotgun shoots at a wine bottle, arranged in a nice still life. In Slow Motion ...

YouTube - wine bottle explosion in slomotion 420 fps - Bosch IXO vino contest

I shoot at 60fps and converted the files to 24 fps in Cinema Tools (Apple Mac). I used a bunch of Nikon lenses, attached to the camera via a Novoflex adapter. I also used a Casio Exilim Consumer Camera to shoot at 420 fps super-slomo. Ad to scale up the files about 500% but it still works fine, I think. Woud be great to have some feedback. Please ask, if there are any questions. Are there any recommendations for hd high speed cameras?

By the way, this is also part of a video contest, so it would be great if you give me a "like" if you enjoy what you see.

Thanks a lot,
cheers,
David
David Koehlmeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2010, 02:54 PM   #2
New Boot

Interesting. Nice composition. I see quite a degradation in quality during the actual slow mo bottle explosion, though.
Hank Ebert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2010, 04:56 PM   #3
Major Player

Certainly a fresh perspective on the "vocals shattering glass". I liked the shots and angles but it seemed a while getting to the point. The degradation in quality from the Casio is pretty apparent, even if it does add to the drama.
If there is a Phantom high-speed camera available for rental in your area, you'd have a killer shot indeed!
Oren Arieli is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work