Our first Conceptual Film for Wedding at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old November 10th, 2010, 02:44 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Our first Conceptual Film for Wedding

Hi guys!

Here our first short film:

We are a brazilian production company and we made this movie to tell a love story, from a couple about to marry.

Hope you enjoy.

Cris Derois - Screenwriter and diretor - Infinite Filmes
Cristian Derois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2010, 04:53 AM   #2
Major Player

Cristian,

I really enjoyed that short film!

The couple looked to be very much in love, it showed through, it's a state of being that transcends all language barriers.

Granted, there are one or two technical things that could be improved on the filming side and the translation is sometimes a bit loose but quite frankly, I don't believe it matters one little bit!

Will you be shooting their wedding?

A job well done.

Al
Alan Melville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2010, 09:50 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Hi Alan,

Thanx for the feedback. And you are right. There are a lot to improve. It was quite crazy this production. I've got 1 mouth and half to write screenplay, plan, shoot, edit and color correction (not to metion rendering and translation).

There is always room to improvement, but I'm happy cos I stoped dreaming and actualy finished a movie.

And yes, we shoot the wedding with dslrs and primes. Soon I'll post its highlights.

And please, if you have something online, show me your work. Add me as a contact on Vimeo.

Cheers
Cristian
Old November 11th, 2010, 04:51 PM   #4
Major Player

Hi Cristian,

I'd love to show you some of my work but I don't have any online......sorry......I'm a terrible hoarder [collector] I have literally dozens and dozens of tapes as raw material. I started shooting long before I could afford editing gear :) and now the task of editing all the material has become too daunting......not that I've stopped shooting.... ;) I have a couple of Canon XL2's + quite a few 'stick on' bits for them. Next February I'm off to Nepal for at least a month and then into India for a couple of months, so my little pile of tapes is going to keep growing !!!!!!!

The only thing I've done so far is to transfer all my tapes to dedicated TB hard drives for easy access. That took most of my patience...I'm not good at sitting around !!!!!

I've come to the conclusion I'll start editing when I'm too old to walk around filming ......think of all the wonderful editing programs we'll have by then !!!!! I'll certainly have enough material and time...... ;)

Al.

Last edited by Alan Melville; November 11th, 2010 at 05:18 PM. Reason: Added info
Old November 12th, 2010, 05:21 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Alan,

Shooting is such a worderful thing, indeed. My backgorund is as a editor. But now I'm totally addicted with production and directing.

But you got to unleash to the world what you do, isn't it? I made a short film full of little imperfections, but I'm happy cos I actually done! You must do it as well.

Cretae a Vimeo account, online something with time and add me as a contact. Filmmaking is a coletive art, and we do need support each other as well.

Cheers
Cristian
Old November 12th, 2010, 06:03 PM   #6
Major Player

OK mate, give me a couple of years and I'll get right onto it.................... ;)

Al
Old November 13th, 2010, 11:16 AM   #7
Regular Crew

Alan, have you seen "Exit Through the Gift Shop"? Its main character is an insane Frenchman who falls into documenting the street art movement and winds up filming Banksy a bit. The only problem is, he's a tape hoarder and has never edited his material.

He has, literally, an entire bedroom full of gigantic tubs that contain thousands and thousands of DV tapes that he's never even imported or reviewed. I nearly started hyperventilating at that point in the film.
Torrey Meeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2010, 06:39 PM   #8
Major Player

Torrey,

I've not seen that film, I'll chase it up next time I'm in civilization...........you never know, I might pick up some really good tips on storage of tapes.......lol

Cya.

Al
Alan Melville is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work